Passport stamping for 12-years old children

dsknow

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

The cases of mine, my wife\'s and my son\'s have been approved recently (ND 1/26, AD 10/31). In the approval notices of mine and my wife\'s, they say we need bring "blah, blah, blah" for passport stamping at "blah blah blah". However in the approval notice of my son\'s(He is 12 now), it says "The above case has been approved. Your new alien registration card will arrive within 120 days. If those days have passed without receiving your new card, you may call the number bellow." The notice doesn\'t mention a word of passport stamping! Does anybody know why? Do I need bring my son for passport stamping (we need 4 hours one way travel)? I believe they send a wrong message in my son\'s notice. Can any body clarify that for me. Thanks.

No Title

my son\'s approval notice was similar, he\'s 9. I however took him along and they stamped his passport. They did not take his photo or his fingerprints.

This was in August at Newark. I hope this helps.

Thank you dan dan

I\'ll take him for stamping anyway, and also bring his photo there. I wonder If they don\'t take the photo, does that mean there will be no photo in his card, or they are going to use the photo we sent along with I-485? It sounds strange.