Passport stamping experince in SJ & SFO

cdngcwaiter

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,
I just want to share my passport stamping experince here with you. So you will definitly save your time in your passport stamping process. We went to SJ INS office at 7:00 am in the morning last Friday and waited for more than 2 hrs. An officer came out and talked to us there are no available numbers. You have to come back next Monday.
As per passport stamping sharing info. on this web site, we went to SFO INS this morning. We arrived at the office at 7:05 am. We standed in the wrong line on the Washington street. We got to the second floor at 9:30 am. Dropped our approval notices in the slot on the door of section 200B. After 15 minutes, we got called and one officer took our FPs and signatures. Then we were waiting there for another 20 minutes. We go my wife\'s, son\'s and my passports stamped. The valid time is one year.
If we didn\'t stand in the wrong line, we would get the whole process done in about 50 minutes.
Please keek in mind, you only need to enter the building from the entrance on the "Sansome" st. in stead of Washington st. for your passport stamping and GC interview.
When we came out the building at 10:05am, I found the securiry guard still allow people to come into the building for passport stamping and GC interview. There are only 3 or 4 people standing in the line.
So if you want to get your passport stamped in time and don\'t want to get up too early to stand in the waiting line at SJ INS office, please go to SFO INS. You can take the Bart to get there. Or you can drive to there and you will find a parking lot one block away from the INS building.
Hope this posting helps you and good luck,

No Title

cdngcwaiter,
Congratulations, and thank you for posting your experience.
- PCee

Thanks for Info. Address Please of SFO

Thanks for the info, I am in San Jose. Can you give me the address of the location in SFO for pasport stamping.

Looks like SFO is better than SJC for stamping, from this board and hope there is no restriction where we go for passport stamping.

Thanks in advance.

SFO INS office address and driving direction

Hi folks,
The SFO office address is,

INS San Francisco District Office
444 Washington Street
San Francisco, CA 94111

You can get the driving direction from the Yahoo Map or go to the INS web site to find the driving direction. The INS web site,
http://www.ins.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/sanfran/aboutus.htm
I\'m staying in SJ too. The officers in SFO office don\'t ask what your location is.
Good luck!

Corrections

cdngcwaiter,

I was there too at the same time as you were. It is sad that they turned you away at SJ and you had to go to SF on another day. Also sad that you waited in the longer queue at 444, Washington. If you had read many of the PPT stamping experiences posted here you could have saved the trouble. Anyway, it is water under the bridge and you are all set. It is not as if we are going to do it again.

BTW, the address you specified for the SF INS is incorrect for PPT stamping purpose. The 444, Washington St address which has a huge queue is for general purpose and NOT for PPT stamping.

The correct address for PPT stamping (this is the address in the approval notice for those in the SF jurisdiction) is :

630 Sansome St., San Francisco.

Please see this link for directions and parking info.

goldengate "goldengate Approval notices recd " 3/4/02 4:37pm

finalstagegc

your details please
md - mailing date
rd - receipt date
nd - notice date
wac no - wac number (please ommit the last four digits)
ap - advance parole document date
ead - employment authorization date
fp sch - fingerprint schedule date
fp done - fingerprint done date
fp location - fingerprint location
country
eb category
current avm message
priority date

No Title

cdngcwaiter

Congrats on getting PP stamped. You did the right thing in going to SF for 2 reasons - No need to wake up at 4 am and stand in the cold at SJ and even if you go so early in the morning and wait, they are stamping only for a valid period of 6 months.

Good LUCK

Many thanks to goldengate and cdngcwaiter

One of my friend said you cannot go to SFO if the notice says San Jose. But looks like already some of them from sjc got stamped at sfo.

Days and Hours of SFO INS for PP

Can someone post the days and hours that SFO INS is open for PP?

Thanks in advance.

rsrgc as per your request here are my details

your details please
md - 07/14/01
rd - 07/16/01
nd - 08/29/01
wac no - wac 01 269
ap - oct 01
ead - nov 01
fp sch - 02/13/02
fp done - 01/18/02 (Received and process resumed on 01/23/02)
fp location - San Jose
country India
eb EB3
current avm message : Approved on 3/4/02
priority date Jan 1999

SFO not accept me to do my GC stamping there

Even though some of you from san jose have your GC stamping in SFO.
However, this morning when I giving my approval notice to them.
I was called and refuse to do the stamping.
They told me that I have to go back to san jose and do my GC stamping.
I was so confused about this situation.
Anyone have ideas?

More corrections

Sorry cdngcwaiter, I have to correct you again. This is not your fault, you have correctly reported from the website. But my notice of approval specified the following times:

M-F : 8 am to 2 pm.

I am not sure if this means that they won\'t let you in before 8 am and after 2 pm. But who is willing to be the guinea pig to test this out :)

CrazyMan

After going through all the posts here, it appears to me that the PPT stamping procedure is pretty standard (even the physical descriptions of the people match!). Such random refusals are common during FP but this is the first PPT case that I have come across that involves a send off.

Can you describe in detail what happened? When did you get approved? Your details? Are you in PCee\'s list?

My Detail

RD july 2001
ND Aug 30 2001
WAC-01-271-XXXXX
AD Feb 27 2002
not on any list

The detail of my rejection of PP Stamping in SFO:
I arrived there at 8:30 this morning.
Enter from 630 Sansome ST. less than 5 ppl in from of me .
After I told the guard I have appointment for PP Stamping and present my ID.
I have a security check and was told toward to 2nd flood.
Then I submit my approval notice in to the room 200B (or 200A)
Less then a min, My name was called and then the officer told me that I have to to my PP Stamping at San Jose. Because San Jose was printed on my approval notice.
On 8:40 I left the building and feel bad.

Thanks for your reply

Sorry to hear that. Well, you got to do what you got to do. It is just one day\'s sleep lost. Pick a warm day. Good luck! It is good to have approval and worry about these type of things, no?

CrazyMan, sorry for hearing that!

When I got there, I was worried about they might not stamp my passport as SJ INS was printed on my approval notice too. But they didn\'t ask me any question and stamped the passport for me.

I just go bad luck

My attorney told me that "it sounds like typical INS, \'not consistant\'".
So.. what can I say.
By the way, I will stay at San Jose for the PP Stamping maybe Friday or next Monday.
If any new discovery, I will post here to share with you guys.