I485 ND : Jul 2001
FP : Nov end 2001
RFE issue dt : May 3rd, 2002 asking for H1B extension permits
RFE response recved by INS on : May 16th, 2002
Approval Date: June 5th 2002
Wife\'s case still pending
Rec\'ved the coutesy copy of approval notice by mail on June 10th, 2002
Passport stamped on : June 11th, 2002
My attorney still hasn\'t recv\'ed the Original approval notice.

Details about yesterday\'s passport stamping:

1:00 PM ==> Reached INS office, Room 1917, Federal Building in downtown Cleveland. Waited for half an hour before my ticket # was called.

1:30 PM ==> Gave the coutesy copy of the approval notice, my passport, 2 photographs, I94 card and my EAD card to the officer. The officer filled in a form with my Alien # and verified my address. He then put the two photographs in a small plastic pouch before stapling the pouch to the form. He then diappeared for maybe 5mts with my passport.

1:40 PM ==> The officer came back with a (redink) stamp on my passport with an Alien # written on it. He explained that the green card would be mailed out in 9 - 12 months and I could use this stamped passport to travel etc.

1:45 PM ==> I was on my way back...

Long time waiters.... hang in there !!! Hope everybody\'s case gets approved real soon.....

Thanks

bkcgey

P.S. Any ideas on why my wife\'s case is still pending.....

Enjoy the freedom and best wishes..( Please post your I-89 experience)

Did they take your signature and the finger print of your index finger
(i.e I-89 form).

I would appreciate your reply.

With Best wishes

Yes......

Yes, the officer made me sign the form and took my index finger print below the signature. He then stapled the plastic cover with my photographs to this form....

Let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks

bkcgey

any issues if we change the address while stamping

Hello friends:

If we give the change of address while we go for stamping to mail the green cards....gonna problem ? any body gave the new address when you went for stamping. PLease let me know.

Not a problem at all....

The best time to give a change of address would indeed be at the passport stamping time. Infact the immigration officer will ask you if you would like the green card sent to the address on the approval notice or elsewhere....

Thanks

bkcgey