Passport Stamping Experience

Cougar_AK

Registered Users (C)
Could not sleep yesterday night, may be I was too excited! Any way, started from home at 7:30 AM to the INS office. The drive was busy because of the early morning rush and reached the INS office at 8:00 AM. Walked up the stairs leading to main entrance of the INS office building the guard at the front door opened the door with a smile and greeting me and my wife. I walked through the metal detector and had no problems but my wife could not get out of the metal detector without beeping the detector. Each time she went through the metal detector beeped! The security guard could not figure what was making the metal detector beep but he let my wife go and then later we figured out it was her hair clip which was beeping the metal detector.

We were directed by the security guard to walk up to a window where an Immigration Information Officer was seated. We both walked up to the window and produced our I-485 approval notices, passport, photographs(2 each), I-94 and all our EAD\'s and my wife\'s advance parole. At 8:07 AM the IIO took my papers and put everything into an envelope and asked me sign and fingerprint a form. Then at 8:11 she stamped my passport and wrote my A# on the passport. At 8:12 AM she took my wife\'s papers put them in a envelop and asked her to sign and finger print on a form and at 8:15 AM she stamped my wife\'s passport and entered her A# on the passport. The IIO then handed us two I-551 status enquire forms which will enable us to enquire the status of our plastic card in case we don\'t receive them within 90 days. We both thanked the IIO who informed us that the card should arrive in about 6 months. We walked out of the building at 8:16 AM and I was back to work at 9:05 AM

Guys, this discussion board has been very helpful. Though I don\'t consider myself to be a very active member I did post my details and progress once in while. Thanks for all you guys who responded to my questions and thanks for everyone who have kept this discussion board a clean one for the immigrant community. Lastly I take my hats off and bow thanking Rajiv Khanna for maintaining this site and helping the immigrant community.

For one last time here are my details:

Category : EB3 India - RIR
PD : 07/1997
RD : 08/1999
ND : 09/1999
FP : 07/2000
RFE : 11/2000 (for Biographic information)
RFE Replied : 12/2000
Approved : 03/01/2001
Passport Stamped : 03/09/2001

During the whole process, I never called any senetor, congressman or any one. But I followed up with the automated status information at the INS Vermont center.

Good luck to all who are waiting.

No Title

when did you get the approval notice? were you given a
particular date to appear for passport stamping?

thanks

No Title

I received our approval notices on 03/08/01. There was no date mentioned on the approval notice. The approval notice has the name and location of the nearest INS office you need to go for stamping and the details of the photo requirements.

No Title

for - Cougar_AK

Congrats !

can you please explain the terminologies
PD : 07/1997
RD : 08/1999
ND : 09/1999
FP : 07/2000