Passport Stamping Experience @ INS Newark on 10/30/02

RCYC1

Registered Users (C)
Passport Stamping Experience @ INS Newark on 10/30/02

We reached INS office at 0935 hrs. The INS office (Peter Rodino Federal Building; 970 Broad Street, Newark, NJ 07102) is located on Broad Street between Walnut Street and Kinney Street.
Parked on Broad Street half a block away (fed the meter for an hour - $1.00). There were plenty of parking spots available.

You'll see the line for Passport stamping on ORCHARD STREET. Do NOT stand in the line on Walnut Street. To get to ORCHARD, walk on Walnut and go around the building.

Entered at 0940 hrs. and was given a pink colored slip after an airport-style security check. As per the slip we were to go to Room 200 (Floor 2). Went to Room 200 and stood in line for 15 minutes. (There were 25 people ahead of us). An official came to the line and directed us and several others to proceed to Room 1022 (Floor 10), after handing out waiting number slips.

Here there were 5 people ahead of us as per the number slip. Sat in the room for about 10 minutes. Our number was called. The lady took our fingerprints ONLY at this time, and asked us to wait for our name to be called. She called our name in 5 minutes (probably after running our prints through their database). She took the items we had taken with us:

I-94
EAD
I-485 Approval Notice (COURTESY COPY was good – no questions asked)
Passport
Advance Parole
2 ADIT Photos

Then she stamped our passports and mentioned the cards will take 6-12 months.

That was it! Quite a painless process and we were actually back in our car at 1040 hrs. (about an hour round trip). Though a lot of people go early, it doesn’t really matter, as long as you enter the building before 1200 hrs.

Good luck to those still waiting for approval.

thanks a lot for sharing the info.. inall how much time it took?

I got my approval today only.. online check. when can i expect the notice to come to appear in INS?

overall how much time it took.. thanks a lot in advance.

Re: thanks a lot for sharing the info.. inall how much time it took?

Approval Date: 10/18/02 (Friday)
Courtesy Copy Received in Mail: 10/26/02 (Next Saturday)

I had a week to get all the documents together - which is more than plenty.

Hope this helps.

----------------------------------------------

Originally posted by gclucky1
I got my approval today only.. online check. when can i expect the notice to come to appear in INS?

overall how much time it took.. thanks a lot in advance.

what do you mean by other papers?

Other than PHOTO everything is ready right? Please clarify.. i guesss from your message i have to take only

I94, EAD,
I485 Approval notice, passport and 2 photos.... thanks..

Re: what do you mean by other papers?

I didn't say other papers, I said ALL the documents.

It would take a day for the photographs, and maybe a day for making xerox copies of these documents. I don't know if you'll make copies, but I did. Its up to you.

The items listed are the only things you need.

_RC_

Originally posted by gclucky1
Other than PHOTO everything is ready right? Please clarify.. i guesss from your message i have to take only

I94, EAD,
I485 Approval notice, passport and 2 photos.... thanks..

What type of photographs?

What kind of photographs are required? I remember for the EAD/AP, they had some specific requirements.

Are these regular passport photographs which are required for the stamping day? Please advice.

Thanks.

RCYC1.. dittco the same exp. for me

Thanks for all your information.. it went exactly the same for me as per your information... we got stamped yesterday.. within 2 hours.. quite simple and nice procedure..

hirgan:

They are referred to as "ADIT" or "Green Card" style photographs. The same type that you need for EAD / AP.

These are NOT the same as Passport Size photographs.

gclucky1:
no problem. Congratulations.