Passport Stamping Experience in Phoenix

bbbishop

Registered Users (C)
After 45 min drive reached BCIS office on Central Ave, Phoenix at 8:30 on 12/15/2003.

They have a visitor parting lot. Paid 2$ and went through security check (They didn't let any eatables in, not even water). Got the tokens and at 8:45 sat the waiting area, watching the electronic number board ticking.

At 10:00 AM our number was called. The lady at the counter took the passport, approval notice. Filled the forms by herself. She went inside and keyed-in the information and cameback in 10 min with all the documents in her hand.

At 10:20 went inside and gave the fingerprint and signature.

At 10:25, she stamped our passports, took out I-94s from passport, collected our EADs and put all of them in a cover and returned the curtesy copy of I-485 approval.

When I asked about surrendering AP notices, she said 'NO - not required'.

At 10:30 we were out.

No Problems, not much wait. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

- Sreenivas

Advitiya

Just saw your message.

My approval letter doesn't say any date. It says, the BCIS center is open from 8 AM to 2PM, Monday Thru Thursday.

I didn't have any appointment. I just went there on Monday and got stamped in about one and half hours waiting.

- Sreenivas

Thanks for the info

I was told by a friend that I needed to go in early at Phoenix as they had a big queue. So I was planning to go early in the morning ( about 4:00am) . Thanks for the info, I'll go in about 8:00am . Where is the parking. I drove through that location when I went to take the picture from 'Immigration and NAturalization photos' but then I didn't see where the parking lot was. Is in on Central ave.

Thanks,

2001dec

Its on the Central Ave only. I live in Scottsdale Area.

I went like this (I am not sure, which way u are going. )

101 South, 202 West, I-10 towards LA.
Take 7th Street Exit . Turn right on ramp (North)
Turn Left on McDowell (West)
Turn Right on Central Ave (North)
The BCIS office is between 1st and 2nd signals on Central Ave towards your right hand side. Parking Lot comes first and BCIS building next.

Opposite to BCIS office there is a big glass tower building (as reference).

What I saw was, the rush increases after 9 because most of the people coming to Phoenix are Mexicans and they come with their attorneys or translaters whose offices opens only at 9 (my guess).

Be there by 8 AM and you should be out within couple of hours.

Good luck - Sreenivas

Nice to know

Nice to know that there are few people from Phoenix who have applied at VSC...

I am from Phoenix too..

I have been seeing a lot of cases infact 25% that have already been transferred for my RD which is June 28...

Thanks for the info

I should be going there tomorrow most probably. I'll try to reach there before 8:00am

Congrats!!!

Just wondering, did she give back to you the original courtesy approval notice. 3 weeks back I went to Indianapolis, IN for stamping, she took all my EAD including older ones, all advace paroles and original courtesy approval notice also.

But anyway I got my original approval notice from the lawyer.

And listen to what I have to say

She returned the Advanced Parole and took my I-94, Original I-485 approval notice( I went with original and not the couresy copy ) and the EAD. My passport was NOT stamped but instead they gave me a card with my photo and a seal with my details and my FP on it. It has the heading 'Processed for I-551'

So strange how different people do the same task.

I reached there at 7:30 and was out by 8:10 or so.

2001dec - That was coool!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats. Does it resemble the GC? Or are you going to get one later? Kind of strange that they gave u card whereas for me they stamped my passport. May be the courtesy copy/original approval notice made the difference.

Rangav, she returned my original courtesy approval notice.

2001dec, Anyway congrats again.

- Sreenivas

Congrats

Nice to know that it took you less than an hour...
Can you confirm if that card will be enogh to get in and out of the country...

If it is a new kind of document...do other Gov agencies like the MVD/ DMV know about it??

You know..

It is sorta strange. It is not like the EAD card or the GC card that we are finally supposed to get. It is like the bigger version of the I-94 card ( same type of paper ) but it has my picture , a seal (the one that makes the ridges/furrows on the paper) and a stamp saying that this is a temporary stuff. Here is what the stamp says -" Processed for I-551. Temporary Evidence of lawful admission for permanent residence valid until .... dec 17,2004 .....Employment authorized. " then it has my details as I-94 and the A# . most probably the reason for this might be because of my passport expiring within the one year period for which this is valid. Probably I'll open a new thread and ask if someone else also got this temporary card.

Thanks Sreeni