passport stamping experience in Newark

ufbz

Registered Users (C)
Drove to Newark this morning, arriving around 9:30AM. Police and news reporters were everywhere to cover the story of 3 guys in Federal court who are charged with smuggling anti-air missiles. All the roads near the Federal building were blocked. But I managed to park next to Orchard St ($6.95 for all day). Went to a photo shop to get 4 photoes for $10. There is a long line with about 30 ~ 40 peoples on Walnut St entrance. Walked back to Orchard St entrance and no line at all. The guard asked for the I-485 approval letter. Passed the security check and took a token to Room 200. There are ~15 people in front of me in the line and 3 windows open with INS clerks. I noticed people with family were given a number and then sent to 10th floor. When it's my turn, since I was by myself, the clerk decided to process my case right here in Room 200. She took my approval letter, photoes, EAD and Advanced Parole, got my finger print and signautre, and asked me to wait while she does the paperwork. A minute later she called my name and I gave her my passport and she stamped on it then wrote my A# and something next to the stamp and congratulated me. That's it! It took me less than 5 minutes for the whole process!

Hope this info helps.

RD 1/9/2002
FP 5/11/2002
AD 8/1/2003
EAC 02-092-5xxxx

No 2nd FP or RFE.

I too got stamped around the same time. took abt half hour. Now wating for Spouse approval and my plastic.