Passport stamping experience...AWFUL

stupe72

Registered Users (C)
Hello everybody,
here is a brief history and passport stamping experience.
I-485 (marriage to US Citizen ) filed in Arlington VA 01/02
FP 09/02
Interview 12/02
july 2003 I contacted senator's alle office and received lots of help.
The senator's office FAXED me copy of approval letter dated 10/03/03.
I NEVER received the original approval in the mail.
Yesterday ( 11/04/03) I arrived at Arlignton office at 7:15 am, there were probably about 150 people already there; I got to room 210 at 8:05. I got my ticket at 9:30. I seated.
around 10:15 the officer called my number and basically REFUSED to stamp my passport because I didn't have an original approval letter and according to the system I was not approved! :mad:
( I HAD A COPY OF THE APPROVAL LETTER SIGNED AND STAMPED IN MY HAND!!)
they sent me upstairs to talk to the officer who approved my case; around 10:45 I was able to talk to her and get the stamp.
I think that when I was approved, my file was not updated.
Anyway now I have my stamp but my question is:
Am I ever going to see the plastic card??;) ;)
I really hope I will NOT have to visit that disorganized office ever again!!!
;) p.s. the approval officer who was the one who conducted the interview in dec. 2002 was really great!

stupe72,
since your interview happened in 12/02, what were you stuck after that for ?

I had my interview yesterday but they are holding now for security check.. ..

They told me it was for securituy clearence..but 10 monthns is still a long time.
I contacted Emily Evans at Senator's Allen Office
(703) 435-0039 she's super!
hopes it helps

What kind of documents you have to bring along with the approval letter when stamping?

Do you have to be there that early?

My adjustment of status was filed as spouse of american citizen; I had to bring AP, EADs, passport (oviously), APPROVAL LETTER (ORIGINAL ) and NO pics.
I got there only 15 min. before office opening but still made it pretty quick, besides inconvenience due to my approval letter being a fax.