Passport Stamping Experience at New York

Aaryan Manju

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,

Can you share your passport stamping experience at New York?
Besides the approval notice, photo, EADs and passport what else we should carry for the interview?
What time we should reach there? How long is the wait?...etc...

thanks a bunch.

-fortunate_

No Title

Actually i asked this questions a week ago , got no response. I am going to go and get my pp stamped this week. For me they said to go there onfriday. Is it the same for u ?

No Title

hi vsc0899eb3, I have not received the approval notice yet. Heard from the AVM and through IIO that my application is approved on 4/26. I am expecting to receive the notice sometime this week. I\'ll post my details once I receive it. Please post your experience at NY once you finish your stamping. Wish you the very best.

-fortunate_ aka AM

No Title

it looks like no one in the new york area gets approvals now a days... just kidding!!! throw in your experiences please....

No Title

I got my approval on April 16th, got PP stamped on April 25th (it was mentioned wed. 8 to 12).
Was there around 7.00am, got in line, was taken into a room where there is another queue, after 20-30 min. got on counter,
officer took our Photographs, EAD, AP and the approval notice, took finger print of index finger & signature on a form.

Pakckaged our notice, photograps and that form and gave it back to us with Number and asked us to wait in waiting room..

After 30 min our number was called, officer took that package back & PP , stamped PP with validity for 1 year & that\'s how I was made free.

No Title

Thanks a bunch insbefast...It looks like a pretty smooth process.

Did you carry the original approval notice or the courtesy copy?

Thanks once more.

No Title

Hi insbefast, Can you tell me which subway station is closest to the 26 Federal plaza for passport stamping?

thanks, -Aryan

No Title

Hi insbefast,

I am planning to go there tomorrow as on out notice it was mentioned friday 7.30 to 4.30.
Where did u take your photographs ??? Are there photographs places nearby ???
Thanks.

No Title

vsc0899ebd & insbefast,

I am wondering if the photograph specification is different for the passport stamping from what we use for EAD and AP? Any comments?

-Aryan.

No Title

Here is my stamping experience at Newark.
We reached the INS at about 10 AM. I got the directions from mapquest.com and they were exact. There are a lot of parking garages nearby and we parked in one of them. There was no line to enter the building ( I have heard that sometimes you have to wait outside a while ) There was a routine security check after which we went to the 3rd floor reception area.
I showed them the courtecy notice and was told to go to a 1st floor office. There we had the misfortune of our photographs being rejected. We went out on Broad St to get new photographs. These photographs were much better than what we had earlier and cheaper also. When we went in again, they took our index finger print, took away EADs and gave us a number and asked to wait in a waiting room. After about an hour our numbers were called and our passport stamped. No questions asked. We were out at about 12.30.

One note of caution: Do not use your cell inside the rooms. You can use it the lobby. We saw a lady being asked to leave for talking on the cell.

You need to carry passport, EAD, approval notice and photographs. But Take all your immigration related docs just in case.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

No Title

Hi Aryan,

I was planning to get the photographs taken at the place nearby. I was told there are many photographs shops nearby.
I think they should be the same specification as the EAD .