Passport stamping experience at Charlotte NC

Vikram_khatri

Registered Users (C)
If you get to go to Charlotte for Passport stamping, please read this on.

1. The address given on Approval letter for Charlotte is old and it took us 1 hour to find new address after we reached to old address. The correct address in on USCIS web site.

2. After this, we were at the end of line and we have to wait for six hours to get the passort stamped. There are 8 counters but at any given time, no more than two people will attend.

3. You need to have I-94, two ADIT photos, passport, all previous EAD's and any parole visa and original copy of approval letter.

4. After passport stamping, the immigration officer told me that it will take 12-18 months to issue the plastic card and he said that you may have to come next year also to get one more stamp for extending this to one year.

5. The immigration officer also put down my home address on approval letter as there was attorney address on approval letter to which he said that you do not want your plastic to go to your attorney. This seemed ridiculous to me but it seems that he was being helpful to me.

I wish all the best to fellow people.

Vikram_khatri

Hi Vikram_khatri,

My wife and I are going there tomorrow morning, and we will bring our baby. Is that OK?

When will they start the stamping process? 9-12am? How early should we get there? When did you get there? How many people there by then?

Thanks very much!

YK

Last edited by a moderator:
Additional Info

I got my passport stamped 2/5/04.

I arrived there at 8:30 due to traffic. There was a big traffic jam if you go I85 South and merge to I77. I got my token and waited 3.5 hours for my turn. Had lunch after that and went back the the office to take the stamped passport. We brought our kids there no problem.

They open their office 7:30-12:00. As Vikram said the address was wrong in the notice. Check the web for their new address.

Good luck

YK

Re: Additional Info

YK,

Why it takes so long for stamping ?

What is the process like ?

Is it due to lot of people for PP stamping (the approval rate does not appear to be so high) or just laziness or is the process cumbersome ?

Please reply
Originally posted by Yellow Knight
I got my passport stamped 2/5/04.

I arrived there at 8:30 due to traffic. There was a big traffic jam if you go I85 South and merge to I77. I got my token and waited 3.5 hours for my turn. Had lunch after that and went back the the office to take the stamped passport. We brought our kids there no problem.

They open their office 7:30-12:00. As Vikram said the address was wrong in the notice. Check the web for their new address.

Good luck

YK

Address

Guys,

I would appreciate if you can give me the rigth address of Charlotte office.

Thanks in Advance
Amysept

Also would appreciate if u can give me the contact phone number of htat office.