Passport Stamping Experience and Tips

rubyjupiter

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys !

Finally, we done with our stamping today at 10.00 a.m. Only reason I am posting in detail because I know that people has different talk about Canadian Landed Immigrant, but guess what I am the Canadian Landed Immigrant and got the stamping done for US Green Card without any questions or any problem. So, if you are Canadian you know not to worry.

Tips for the Stamping:

1. Passport – EAD – I94 – Advanced Payroll
2. Original Approval Notice
3. 2 Photos as per immigration requirement

Please try to go early over there, since they are open at 8.00 a.m. you should be there at 7.00 a.m. so you can go in first turn. They gave us the token #, and we went upstair at 10th floor. Our number displayed on the screen and we went on counter # 7. Officer asked us for above things not the Advance payroll. She took our signature on form I-89 and figure print on that card. She told us to wait until they will finish background check.

She called us around 10.00 a.m. and stamped our passport. After that I asked her don’t you need the advance payroll ? and she told that it’s not necessary and we don’t need it. So, the strange thing that next counter lady was asking the advance payroll and this lady not. I don’t know about that but that’s our experience.

Once you done with stamping go to next door to the SSN office. Apply for replace SSN – make sure that you will go with your old SSN since they are taking back from you. We done over there around 11.00 and went out for nice restaurant.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact.

Thanks,

Rubyjupiter

good news

Hi Sir,

I did the Canada Landing too about 4 months ago. I am still waiting. Lot of people around my RD has gotten GC.

I was thinking that could be the problem. In this case, you don't think that is problem.

Could you please tell me when did you land Canada and what is your RD.

my RD 08/03/01 ND 09/25/01

Thanks.