Passport Stamping Exp - Houston

dinnu

Registered Users (C)
We had a 7am appointment. We were there 20 min early. At the security check, the guard told me that they do not allow camera cell phones into the building and I had to go back to may car to leave it there.

We took the tokens at the checkin counter (He asked for our approval letters and the infopass appointments). My wife and I were given two different tokens and were called to different windows. My number was called first and I asked the immigration officer if my wife could join me at the same window and he said she can't. He asked for all my EADs and APs (I kinda felt like giving away some thing precious). He then took my signature and the finger print of my index finger on a form, confirmed my address and stamped my passport. He told me that the card may take anywhere from 3-6 months, while my wife at the next window was told that the card will arrive in 4-6 weeks :confused: . The whole process took less than 10 minutes.

My passport expired 3 months ago and I got a new one from the Houston consulate (one of the few advantages of living in Houston) before going for stamping.

Have you received your card yet? Are there any status Changes? I also Stamped In houston today. My wife is leaving to India on may 15. I hope she gets her card before She leaves.

jay,

I recieved my card on the 26th. My status changed on 19th to Card Ordered and on 21st to Card Mailed.

On the other hand, my wife's status changed on 20th to Card Ordered and on 26th to Card Mailed. We are still waiting for her card.

Hey guys,

Do you need to bring any photos for PP stamping? Thought the new biometrics precedure will take the digital photos on site.

Yes, You need 2 passport photos for stamping. 3 if your passport expires with in 6 months. They will give you a temporary green card.