passport stamping at SJ

no_notice

Registered Users (C)
does anyone has walk-in stamping experince recently ??
Also other than the I-94 on the passport , do we need to carry I-94 card we receive with H1B extension/transfer ?? since my I-94 on passport was expired long back and I renewed my H1 last year ..

Thanks

I have heard walk ins are not allowed any more at san jose. But I did also hear that if you go and wait at 5:00 or something, they give a limited number of tokens for walkins for the day, when they open up. And, chances are u will have to comaback empty handed after waiting for a few hours.

But the pain with scheduling appointment is, the approval notice takes forever to get to you, and the earliest appt you can get is like a couple of weeks away. My approval email wassent on sept 28. Havent recd notice yet. I scheduled an appt for oct 14 anyway. If i dont get letter by 12th i ll prolly cancel.

Is there a way to get Infopass appointment for a future date, other than the 2 days showed by the Infopass website? For example, today they are showing 18th and 19th for SJC but is it possible to reserve a date for a date later than that?

thunderstruck said:
I have heard walk ins are not allowed any more at san jose. But I did also hear that if you go and wait at 5:00 or something, they give a limited number of tokens for walkins for the day, when they open up. And, chances are u will have to comaback empty handed after waiting for a few hours. QUOTE]

Yup, heard from my lawyer from October 1st there will not be any walk-ins allowed at San Jose

>>does anyone has walk-in stamping experince recently ??

Dont know.

>>Also other than the I-94 on the passport , do we need to carry I-94 card we receive with H1B extension/transfer ?? since my I-94 on passport was expired long back and I renewed my H1 last year ..

They didn't look at my expiration date, I just submitted both I94 cards.