passport STamping at SFO (Pls post here)

I-485Waiting

Registered Users (C)
I saw some messages about NO PP STamping at first visit to INS Office.
 can you guys please post your STamping experience at SFO.
 I am planning to go for stamping at SFO this friday.
 thanks a lot

I485 Waiting...

Please post you PP stamping experience. I will be going to SFO INS office someday next week as I am still waiting on the approval for my wife, to come in mail ( I got mine today). It would be of great help. I mean like what is the best time to be there. I heard SFO office is pretty cool unlike the San Jose one, where you have to wait in line from 5:00 am onwards. Please let me know any details you know about SFO INS office.

Thanks,
Ram.

SFO Stamping

Go to SFO before 11:30 am...they take lunch until 12:30pm. Enter the Sansome st. address only. During entry, you will be asked..do you have an appointment? SAY YES. Your approval notice is also your appointment letter. Go to second floor. Go to room 200B and drop your approval in the drop box (a slot on the door) and wait..you should be done in about 20 minutes.

They asked for my original approval (which thankfully I had with me) so please get that from your lawyer.

Good Luck
Getafix

thanks getafix

Thanks for sharing your information, can you please provide more information like
what are all the documents needed for stamping.
 I am planning to go to stamping to SFO tommorow.
 Also I saw some messages about some people had some problem at SFO office
they were asked returned later.
 Guys can you pls share the info you had recent passport experince.
 thanks a lot

I got stamped yesterday

Got to SFO INS by 8:30 AM . Luckily got parking on the street nest to building. I read somewhere on this board to use entrance on sansome street when u go for stamping ( moreover your approval also says sansome street address). there were only 6 people in the line. A security person asked if I have appointment and asked me to show, I shoed the approval notice , she said OK to stand in line. she is checking with everybody in the line. with in 5 minutes entered the building and passed thru security clearance (they will check your Id so have your id\'s ready).

I directly went to 200B 2nd floor. On second floor look for 200B room and on the door you find slot to drop your approval notice. this slot is used for all type of appointments not only for I551 stamp. I put all three approval notices (self,wife and kid). One more guy who also put his approval notice before than me said , he was asked to put approval notice along with passport , photos , EAD and AP\'s if you have. I have put already mine approval in the slot, so I waited for call and give then the passport and all other documents. with in couple of minutes all the notices were taken by some persons. Still they have not started calling people , so we waited about 30 minutes then they started calling one by one and when I was called , she asked our passport,I-94\'s,2 ADIT photos AP\'s EAD\'s and they took Index finger print and signature on a form, for kid they just took fingerprint and asked us to wait. after 15 minutes , they walled our name and showed the passport page with stamp . she told that I can use this stamp for travel and work. Along with stamp it has your name , A# WAC # and expiration date of stamp , generally it is up to 1 year. One other guy who came for stamp asked about what if he changes residence address, INS person told to got to 1st floor and take change of address form.
I was out of INS building by 10:45 AM.

I used courtesy approval only. I also see if you have any H1 stamp in your passport it will stamped as CANCELLED.

Good Luck on your stamping.

Thanks a lot gcneed

Thanks a lot gcneed , I really appreciate your reply.
 I think I have got all the information.
I will be visting tomorrow to SFO to get my passport stamped.
Once again thanks for sharing the information.

Passport stamping experience in SFO

Hi All,
 We reached the SFO Office at about 9-15 AM. There is parking in the adjacent block which is where we( self and wife) parked. There was a queue of about 5 people ahead of us. This queue is only for the people with appointments. The approval notice is a letter of appointment.
We had only the courtesy copy with us and the original is still with the attorney.
We were let in after the security check which is pretty standard where they ask for an ID.

We proceeded to the II floor and we dropped the Approval notices in the door slot.
After about 45 minutes we were called and they asked all our relevent documents . We gave them 2 ADIT photographs, I94s, Advanced paroles, EADs ( both interim and final).
After about 15 minutes we were given the passport with the stamping. We got the stamping on 14th May( day before yesterday )

Good luck to everybody out there !!!
rchakra

I485 Waiting..please take your original approval notices

All depends upon the officer that you deal with. In my case, the officer insisted on the original !! It had the address of my lawyer. He asked me if this was the correct address..I said that was Lawyers address. He asked me to strike that out and write my address. I offered the courtsey copy which had my printed address..he denied saying that he needed the originals and not the C. Copy.

folks...

can anyone tell me a good place to take photos (this is for after approval) around in Oakland, Fremont area. The place where they take photos exactly to the specification mentioned in I-485 approval notice.

BTW thanks for sharing your stamping experience at SFO INS office.

Thanks,
Ram.

Make sure that these guys know about INS requirements

I took a photograph from a small time person. He had put a board outside his shop in Fremont that he takes INS photographs. The photographs he gave me were too large (in terms of ratio) and the officer at INS rejected it. I had to run out and get new photographs across the street. It cost me a lot.

So..please make sure that the photographer knows about INS restrictions.

Getafix