Passport stamping at INS,Newark NJ

npocham

Registered Users (C)
Does any one has good/bad experience at Newark INS for stamping on Passport for I-485 approval?
What documents are needed?
Thanks in advance

No Title

I got my passport stamped yesterday at Newark.
We reached there at 9:30 and were out at 10:30.
The whole process (including waiting) took about 1 hour.
Documents taken:
Passport with I94
Original approval letter (don\'t know whether they will accept courtesy copy).
All EAD\'s and AP\'s
2 ADIT style photos.
Thats all.
They did not ask for anything else.
They kept the EADs/APs and I94
Was told will be getting the plastic card in 4-6 months.

No Title

I saw "Arrival/Departure Record" is also on the list as needed documents. What is it? Is it AP + all the visa and entry stamp on the passport? Do you need to prepare a form will all the Arrival/Departure history? Thanks.

No Title

SandyVSC:
The Arrival/Departure Record is the I-94 card that you get when you enter the country. It is usually stapled to your Passport.

By the way, my wife and I went to Newark on Wednesday 01/10/2001 for Passport Stamping. We took our Courtesy copy + 2 ADIT style photos + Passport (off course) + EAD card (or H1-B notices if you are on H-1) + any Advance Parole notices.

You have to go on the same day as mentioned on the I-485 notice. Even though the I-485 notice says room 334, you have to go to room 136 first where they collect your papers, take your signature and fingerprints. They give you all the paper work and tell you to go to room 135. There they collect all the paper work and stamp your Passport. That is it. The entire process for us took no more than 20 minutes.

The entrance to the building is at the back. Do not use the main entrance on Broad Street. There is a Security guard at the gate who will check your notice before letting you in.

Good luck to you.

RKD

No Title

Could you tell me if I can go to Newark for stamping on Saturday?

Thanks for sharing the info.