Passport Stamping at Houston Local BCIS office

juttLahori

Registered Users (C)
Can anybody post his/her experience at the local BCIS office for passport stamping. How much earlier do we have to go and how long does it usually take and what type of documents are required to process the stamping e.g AP, EADs, photographs etc??
Also, what's the process of FBI clearance. Is there a chance I have to wait for the clearance even though my case has been approved?

Last edited by a moderator:
You do not have wait.
When you enter the office there will be big line. You need to get a token by standing that line. (Separate for wife and husband) Then just sit down and wait. When your number is called you need to specified counter. Officer will ask you AP, EAD and I-94. He will keep the I-485 approval notice. Take two photographs. Once you number comes then stamping will finish within 10 minutes.

Best timing is either at around 9 AM or at around 1 PM.
11.30 to 1 PM officers will be on lunch. So if you go at 11 'o clock you have to wait until they finish their lunch

PP stamping at Houston

My Passport Stamping experience at Houston INS
01/29/2004

Got my approval notice by mail at 12:15 PM.

Went to get photos.

Left for INS immediately with the notice,2 photographs,current AP, EAD, Drivers License.

Reached INS at around 1:30 PM

Got the token.

There were around 20 people before us (with 5 windows open)

It took around 35 minutes for our turn.

My wife and I were called on separate windows.

PP was stamped in 5 minutes.

By 3:30 PM we were back home.

Last edited by GC AWAITER on 31st January 2004 at 02:32 AM

Thanks Guys for the useful information, especially about getting 2 tokens!!! I'm still waiting for my approval notice and will post my experience after I come back from stamping.

We moved and did file the AR-11, but my wife's driver's licence still have the old address. Is that going to be an issue?