Passport Stamping at DC local office..

ashrit

Registered Users (C)
Received the I 485 approval last week :) from my attorney. I will be going to the DC office to get it stamped. Has someone been to this office recently for this purpose or has any experience with this office?

I have been asked to get I94, original notice, 2 Photos (the specs have changed recently on the BCIS site), EADs, APs and the passport. Anything else I should be carrying with me?

Also, I sent AR 11 earlier this month but the 485 approval notices never reached at my new add, so I don't think the address update has been made in their system yet. Should I get my address changed at the time of stamping? I have AR11 mail and return receipt, which I plan to carry with me for stamping. Any suggestions to handle the address change issue?

thanks,

Ashrit

Went there a couple of weeks ago. Used infopass.
First got a ticket in Room 102. The office will call out people with appointments. No need to get in line.

Then went up to Room 210 to wait to submit the documents. What you plan to bring are fine to me. I did bring all my old/new passports with me, since it mentioned the arrival/departure records. The office did get all of them from me, not sure what she did. She didn't even ask for my EADs, AP.

BTW, bring your State Driving License or any proof of residence documents (like Bills). One girl I saw can't even get a ticket in the room 102 because of that.

Not sure about the address changing. No harm to ask, I suppose.

I got an Infopass appt. at the DC office past mid-October. Has anyone tried to do a walk-in over there recently? I know this is fairly trivial, I just wanted to get this passport stamping thing out of the way ASAP.

ND: 2/07/03
AD: 9/23/04

Thanks CPage .... Any directions/suggestions with parking. I have to be there by 10 for the appointment.
Also did you change your SSN card at this office. I just read someones info on Newark office and it seems there was another floor/office where the SSN card requests were submitted 'cos of the change in status.!!

gilligan - As far as I have heard they are strict at this office for needing a appointment.

Last edited by a moderator: