passport stamping at Chicago INS

sanjeevk

Registered Users (C)
Lin 01-245 was approved on Nov 4th after RFE's. I had posted earlier too. Went to the office at around 8:45. People with 485 approvals do not need to stand in the long line. They can show their approval notice and go to the third floor directly. At the door, you will get a yellow page which has the room number and a number by which you will be called. We were on the 3rd floor by 9am. There were quite a few people ahead of us. We had to wait for 3 hours - stamping took only 5 mins. I guess if one goes at 11 or 12, one would be out within 30 mins or so. You need to have EAD's, two photos, your passport and so on. I think it is good to have as much paperwork with you as possible.

It is sad to see that so many people are still waiting from last July onwards. Best of luck.

Need help....Passport stamping at Chicago INS

Hi,

Has anyone gotten their passports stamped at the Chicago INS recently? I had mine stamped yesterday. Surprisingly, neither did they take my fingerprints nor had me sign any signature card.

Anyone else had a similar experience? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards
Nick

strange

They take the finger print and signature for the actual green card. I think you should call back and try and get hold of someone at the office and discuss your case. We got our's stamped a few days back, and he took our fingerprint and signature on a blank form. I am not 100%, but quite sure that it was for the actual card.