Passport stamping at Bostong.......

mrk

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Our passports(Mine, wife\'s and son\'s) got stamped at Boston today. It took about 35 min. I went there at 7:16 am. Actually if go with photos it will take just 5 - 15 min. depending on the que. I had to take pictute at INS iteslf. Our passports were stamped at the info. desk itself. For those who are going for stamping, just follow whatever mentioned in your I485 courtesy copy. When you go into the building, just stop at Imm.Forms counter and have you finger prints taken on I89 which is given by them. Then go to E160 room where the info. desk is located and passports are directly stamped.

I have a question about who orders the cards. Is it local INS or the service center? There is a typo in my I485 approval notice. When I asked the same, the person who stamped the passport, said "correct that on the notice itself". I did the correction. But, does the notice copy goes again back to VSC, if VSC is going order the cards? Any ideas are very much appreciated.

Thanks

No Title

VSC process the cards. Once you get PP stamped, local INS office will send the fingerprinted I-89 form for the plastic cards to VSC for processing. Once VSC receives the papers they will process it.I had mine stamped at the local INS office in St.Albans,VT on August 2nd 2000 and still I have not gotten the card. I talked to the IIO a couple of days back and she said that they have received my papers for the card from the local INS office just 4 days back. But the local INS office said that they usually mail the papers to VSC the next day. May be in my case it look a long time to get updated in the system. My suggestion is call IIO at VSC after a week or so and find out whether they have your papers for the plastic card. The IIO said it will take 2 -6 weeks to get the card once they receive the papers. I am not sure whether this info is correct. I saw a post in this board by a guy from BOSTON who had his PP stamped after me got his plastic card. So you may also get it fast with in a month. Good Luck.

No Title

mrk,

The local INS office will send your files (I89, photo..) back to VSC, and VSC process, order and send out the plastic card. so you should contact VSC for any card-related questions.

No Title

Thanks you \'aba485\' and \'mars\' for your information. And Good luck to \'aba485\'.