Passport Stamping - ARLINGTON VA

Khokha

Registered Users (C)
Can somebody help re: the above INS office ?

1. Do you really need to go there as early as 6 AM ?
2. Besides what is mentioned in Approval notice do we need to carry anything else ?
3. Do they accept courtesy copy for stamping ?
4. Is it necessary to take kid along with you for stamping ? (7 year kid)
5. Is it advisable to travel by metro or car is okay ?

Any help re: above will be appreciated.

Thanks

No Title

1)You can get into que arounf 3 a.m.
2)Take each and every document that you have.
3)They will take any proof.
4)Take all family memebers.
5)Travel by taxi with insurance to reach on time.

thanks

No Title

Thanks for the reply x. Also, I wanted to compliment you for the job that you are doing on this forum.

No Title

You don\'t have to go to Arlington INS at 3am...try to be there at
around 4.30am...so that you will be the first or the second in line...that way, you would be out by 8.45am...

Arlington INS accepts courtesy copy...just take the documents that were mentioned in the courtesy copy (you may have to take your EAD/AP as well...since they ask for it) and the two ADIT style photographs...

Srini

No Title

Thanks srini123. You mentioned that be there by 4:30 AM. Just curious if you go late say around 7 to 7:30 AM. Would you be able to come out by 11 or 12 noon (because of kid). Any answer would be highly appreciated. Thanks again.

No Title

By about 7am or 7.30 the line would be too loong...turns around the block infact...don\'t know how long it would take for someone who stands in the line at 7 or 7.30...probably around 1 or 2pm...

They have only one counter to assist in helping ppl who come for passport stamping...but, majority of the people who stand in the line are there for other purposes (like case enquiries, submitting applications etc.)...so, I guess it\'s ok to get there at 7am...

Try and see if you could have someone stand in for you...or if you could stand in, and have your wife and kid come at a comfortable time...they start allowing people in at 7.30ish...so, anytime before then is fine...the earlier you go, the earlier you will be out of there...

If it\'s of any help...the procedure is...after you go thru the security check, you will have to take an elevator to the 2nd floor (elevator is right in front of you, after you come out of the security check) and after you come out of the elevator turn right, and you will be facing the entrance to the room where you would have to go for the stamping...an officer will be there to ask you why you were there, and will ask you to stand in another queue in that room (typically queue B)...you have to present the papers to the officer who is processing ppl standing in the line...and he/she will give you a token...it\'s a DMV style token...when your number is called, you just have to go to the appropriate counter....

Hope this helps,
Srini

No Title

Thanks a lot Mohammad and srini123 for your help. I guess in any event the total wait time atleast 4 hrs or more.

thanks again guys.

More on Arlington INS and nearby tourist attractions

Also if you get early you can park at a parking lot, all day for $4. Or you can use other expensive parking facilities. I would recommend you take the Orange line to Ballston Metro. The INS is right opposite the Ballston mall which is where the Metro stops. Be prepared to be hungry as INS does not allow any food or drinks inside the building (and that includes any IV fluids you may need).

No Title

Thanks Mahasangram for additional information. I guess, we would as much as possible and thne drink as much as possible and have a fasting for 4-6 hrs once we enter INS office.

Thanks again.