Passport Stamping after GC

Avarex

Registered Users (C)
Hello Guys,

I recieved my GC 1 month ago and now my wife wants to go to home country for 2 months. i just want to find out that do she need any passport stamping and if yes then where we can get that informaiton from ?

I talked with my lawyer and she said that all the information is on your welcome letter and i checked that with a microscope and it doesnot have any information about passport stamping. so please any guru help me out solving this mystery.

Regards,
Avarex

Does your wife have a Green Card as well?
If so, then she does not need anything stamped in the passport to leave and enter the US.

Yes she got the GC through Me (Employment based). By the way why we need to have a passport stamp if we dont have to do it for travel purposes ?

Avarex said:
Hello Guys,

I recieved my GC 1 month ago and now my wife wants to go to home country for 2 months. i just want to find out that do she need any passport stamping and if yes then where we can get that informaiton from ?

I talked with my lawyer and she said that all the information is on your welcome letter and i checked that with a microscope and it doesnot have any information about passport stamping. so please any guru help me out solving this mystery.

Regards,
Avarex

Why she needs a stamp for? She already has GC & stamp is for people who's case got approved but GC not handy yet & needs to travel outside US.
Since she has GC in hand she sure doesn't need no stamp, her GC would let her exit/entry to US smoothly.
Atique.

Avarex said:
Yes she got the GC through Me (Employment based). By the way why we need to have a passport stamp if we dont have to do it for travel purposes ?

The process was different about a year ago. When your I485 was approved, your were supposed to take your passport in for stamping, where they stamped your Permanent Resident Status in your passport for one year, and your green card (plastic) could take up to six months to get in the mail. Some districts are still following this policy. So if your welcome letter asked you to go for stamping, you should go....but in some districts they are directly sending you the plastic card directly without the need for stamping. Since you have your plastic green card...you are home free...relax and enjoy your trip.