Passport Stamping after approval

keep-balance

Registered Users (C)
We have couple of questions. Please help.

1. We rcvd 485 approval from VSC and it asked us to get PP stamped at San Francisco center. Can we instead go to San Jose Center ? We live in Fremont.

2. Is the waiting time at SFO center less than SJ center ?

3. What is the address of the San Jose center ?

4. Do we have to get ADIT (GC) style photos? I read in posts that people went with passport photos from Costco? To be safer we are thkning of getting the ADIT style photos. Any comments ?

thanks a lot

1. We rcvd 485 approval from VSC and it asked us to get PP stamped at San Francisco center. Can we instead go to San Jose Center ? We live in Fremont.

Normally if the specified (on approval letter) office within a commute distance, other office might not entertain that. However I did not hear any complain (but that's probably everybody tends to go the specified office if that is in commute distance).

2. Is the waiting time at SFO center less than SJ center ?

You mean waiting in line? Both are more or less same as far I know. Couple of months back SJ used to consider approval letter as "appointment". But they no longer do that.

3. What is the address of the San Jose center ?

Find it in USCIS website http://www.uscis.gov.

4. Do we have to get ADIT (GC) style photos? I read in posts that people went with passport photos from Costco? To be safer we are thkning of getting the ADIT style photos. Any comments ?

ADIT style pictures are no longer acceptable (even if approval letter says that). You need to get passport style pictures.

Can I change job at this time ?

Hi,
I have an approved I-485 (approved on 11th Aug 2004) but we did not get our passports stamped becuase the SFO office is saying they don't have our info in their system yet. Now the problem is that I want to change my job or just resign the current job. Is it ok to do that ? Or PP stamping is required to keep the status intact ?

thanks in anticipation

keep-balance said:
Hi,
I have an approved I-485 (approved on 11th Aug 2004) but we did not get our passports stamped becuase the SFO office is saying they don't have our info in their system yet. Now the problem is that I want to change my job or just resign the current job. Is it ok to do that ? Or PP stamping is required to keep the status intact ?

thanks in anticipation
As my understading PP stamp is for travel purpose it is also serves as EAD. whether you stamp or not will not effect your status. In San Jose office you need to make an appointment through inforpass. My PP stamping only took about 10 mins.