Passport Stamped

I was saying that do not go back unless the government which persecuted you has been overthrown.

My friend went back for ten days after receiving his green card. He used a reentry permit, I believe. The permit had the immigration stamps of his country on it.

A couple months after getting back to the States he received a certified letter from the INS saying that the government intends to "rescind adjustment of status" or something like that.

BTW, he was the derivative, not the principal.

Originally posted by benko
Hi miami2002,
thanks for the prompt reply. Wow, this is definitely news to me.

I have left my home country in '92 in the midst of a civil war. The situation there is much more stable now (the war is long over), but since I am waiting for the green card, I haven't attemped to go back since then. My family is still there though, and I can't wait to see them. Could you please elaborate on what you said "unless the government there changes for the better".?

I am sorry to hear about your friend. That is really too bad. Did he go back to the home country after obtaining the green card, and if so did he travel with the INS issued travel document? How did INS know he went back?

thx for the reply.

Re: Passport

Originally posted by jattindc1
I understand about principal applicant, But this is about Derative,and relative gone through the process in home country consular visa.
Thanks for response.

From my friend's experience I do not think being a derivative makes a difference. It is suicidal to go back, I think.

Originally posted by miami2002
I was saying that do not go back unless the government which persecuted you has been overthrown.

My friend went back for ten days after receiving his green card. He used a reentry permit, I believe. The permit had the immigration stamps of his country on it.

A couple months after getting back to the States he received a certified letter from the INS saying that the government intends to "rescind adjustment of status" or something like that.

BTW, he was the derivative, not the principal.

I would go to Canada then from Canada to your country then from your country to Canada. Finally you can come back through Canada. Do not show people in the borders your Re-entry permit but you will need it when you come back from your country since Canada needs permenant residents to have a travel document in addition to the green card when you come from a third country.