Passport Stamped

lztx

Registered Users (C)
Finally I have a stamp on my passport, and this time the freedom feels real :) Stamped in Dallas office, no question asked, but the officer told me the card takes 3-6 month to arrive, hope she didn't know the right answer.

ND: May 2002
FP: Oct 2004
AD: Apr.7 2005
PS: Apr.21 2005

Can you please post what are all the documents you took. Just to maku sure that I haven't missed anything. Mine is scheduled in 2 weeks.

They told us the standard 3-6 month answer as well. We received our cards in about 10 business days from stamping.

Regards

Congrats lztx!!

Could you tell me what are the documents required, as per my knowledge EAD, AP, I485, approval letter and two passport size photos.

sai1234 said:
Congrats lztx!!

Could you tell me what are the documents required, as per my knowledge EAD, AP, I485, approval letter and two passport size photos.

I bought with me 2 passport photos, passport, all EAD cards (5!), approval letter and the appointment printout. I didn't have I-94, my last trip back was from Canada and I forgot to get a I-94, but seems they don't care about it at all. Approval letter and appointment printout are required to get through the front door. 2 passport photos, approval letter, appointment printout and EAD cards were taken at the window, passport was stampped and returned to me, not questions asked.

I also brought with me the copy of LC, 485 receipt and advance porole, all those are not needed. Before I went, I made a copy of all EAD cards for my files.

Good luck everybody!

Status change after PP stamping?

Does the status change after you get the PP stamped? I had my PP stamping done on Monday and I was wondering if there will be a status change for "card is being processed" etc.

What does the status of your 485 say after PP stamping and how long does it take after the PP stamping for the new status?

After a few of days, our status changed to "card has been ordered..blah blah blah". A day or so after that, the status changed to "Card has been mailed etc."

Regards

Rav

I believe the next message you can expect is card ordered message, but the time frame is different among every service center. You may need to wait 1 month to 6 month before you can see CO message. Normally,one working day after CO you will see card mailed message , two working days later you will receive your card.

Theoretically, you became LPR on the date your 485 case has been approved.

vvinoo said:
Does the status change after you get the PP stamped? I had my PP stamping done on Monday and I was wondering if there will be a status change for "card is being processed" etc.

What does the status of your 485 say after PP stamping and how long does it take after the PP stamping for the new status?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the timeline:

Apr. 7: 485 approvel date, received email notice the same day. Made appointment.
Apr. 21: Passport stamped. The lady told me it will take 3-6 month for the card.
Apr. 27: status change to Card Ordered, received email notice
Apr. 29: status change to Card Mailed, recevied email notice
May 2nd: received card in the mail

It's fairly quick. Even though the whole process took 5 yrs.

Priority Date: May 2000
485 ND: May 2002
AD: Apr. 2005

A few minutes after posting the previous message I checked the status and it said "On May 13, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Looks the email came late this evening. Thanks again!

Congrats Lztx,

How long it takes to get the approval postal mail after you get approve email notice. I am changing my address and may be close to receive the approval.

:) Chags

lztx said:
Here is the timeline:

Apr. 7: 485 approvel date, received email notice the same day. Made appointment.
Apr. 21: Passport stamped. The lady told me it will take 3-6 month for the card.
Apr. 27: status change to Card Ordered, received email notice
Apr. 29: status change to Card Mailed, recevied email notice
May 2nd: received card in the mail

It's fairly quick. Even though the whole process took 5 yrs.

Priority Date: May 2000
485 ND: May 2002
AD: Apr. 2005

Hi,

I got my 485 approval , and waiting to get the info pass appointment ... no luck for last 15 day .. i am still waiting. my zip come under Washington DC ...
i think this office is having some problems ... for last 15 days i have not seen any posting of appointment by this office ...
my question is , is it possible to go to different office for stamping?
Is there any body with the same problem ..(Washington office) ?
Thanks

Chags,

In my case it took nearly 8 days to receive notice after 485 approval. This again depends on where you are located, I guess. I had pretty bad experience with change of address. INS keeps sending my wife's documents to our previous address. Just ensure that all things are in place before you make a move. I am sure you are already aware of this. BTW, my wife got her PP stamping done without approval notice. Immigration officer just didn't ask any questions.

Hi

:) :) Congraulations :) :cool:

My passport going to expire in september this year do i have to renew passport? or they stamp with less than six months to expire.

Gullu

You should probably renew your passport. If you cannot renew it in time for the stamping, you should take 3 instead of 2 passport style photos, so they can issue you a temporary i-551 doc.

What if passport expires before card arrives?

My passport is valid until October, and my appointment for stamping is in a few weeks. I really don't want to renew the passport now and risk having to cancel the interview.

If the passport that is stamped expires before I get the GC, and I get a new passport, can I use both to travel (expired with stamp + valid one without stamp)?
I'm from Brazil, and in this case, yo keep your old passports, all they do is stamp "cancelled" on it.

Thanks!
Harley

If you read your approval notice carefully, you will note that one does not have to have a valid passport at time of stamping. Of course, it's better to have your valid passport stamped, but the CIS will issue you a temporary i-551 even if you show up without your valid passport (but you will need to bring 3 not 2 pics).