Passport Stamped Using Courtesy Copy

amonth

Registered Users (C)
Yesterday, I went to Chicago local INS and got my passport stamped using my courtesy copy. It took 10 minutes for stamping, everything went on smoothly.
RB2000: Thanks for your earlier answer.

No Title

Can you post all your details. BTW, what time did you go to PP stamping in Chicago?

Thanks.

No Title

Since I shuttle every bt chicago and Louisville, I don\'t want take a chance. So I took from suburb first train, reaching Chicago at 5.30 and around 5.45 A.M I am in the queue. I was approximately 52 in queue. Around 7.10 they let us in to the building and went through all security checks and then reached the 1st floor around 8.00 where at the counter they allot you different section based on your case. I was given four token for my wife, children and me and told to go to room number #100 in the ground floor. There was around 8 people before waiting. The lady at there took her own time to get adjust and around 8.15 she called the first number and slowly stamping. Our turn came around 8.55 and we finishied by 9.10 and got stamped for all of us. No questions, I just keept all the documents in the passport like I-485 approval (Courtesy)notice, H-1 extension notice, EAD, AP, 2 photos. She asked for my driving licence and then returned it back. Then told to sign at one place and then took my fingure Print (fore fingure) and stamped in my passport. She wrote "as per Adj @ lincoln, Neberaska. Valid till july 25, 2002. Same the did for all of us.
My details:

PD: 03/15/1999
CATEGORY: EB2-RIR
RD : 06/07/2000
ND : 06/21/2000
FP : 01/16/2001 @ NAPERVILLE, IL
AD : 06/11/2001
STAMPED ON 06/25/2001

No Title

amonth, Congratulations to both of you! Now, Welcome to Freedom World!
I told you right, so you know how easy it is ... well, people get nervous lot of times, especially our fellow indians.
Just a comment...In Detroit, you don\'t have to wait that long also. It seems little bit tight security in Chicago. In fact, I went there very casual because stamping is just a formal procedure not like a part of approval process.
Good Luck in the future!