Passport stamped today

alphagc

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
Just came back from Boston JFK building and had my passport stamped. Arrived @ 6:45 am and waited in line. There was about 50 people ahead of me. Get a ticket 7:30 AM. They called my number @ 8:15 AM. The officer I talked to was just ok!!! "Nothing new" :)

Asked me for the following
1- 2 photos
2- I94
3- Passport

He didn't ask for my IEAD but I gave it to him. He stamped my passport and I asked him how long will it take to get the actual card, he answered "6-12 months" !!!

I have some questions:
=================
1- Is this is true 6-12 months to receive the actual card???
2- The stamp on my passport saying "Temporary evidence of Lawful admission for permenant residence. Valid until XX/XX/XXXX.
Employment Authorized". Is that mean I didn't get my green card yet?

Thanks!

Originally posted by alphagc

I have some questions:
=================
1- Is this is true 6-12 months to receive the actual card???
2- The stamp on my passport saying "Temporary evidence of Lawful admission for permenant residence. Valid until XX/XX/XXXX.
Employment Authorized". Is that mean I didn't get my green card yet?

Thanks! [/B]

you will get ur actual card within a month time frame. I-551 stamping is temporary evidence and its valid for a year. You may renew ur stamping if at all, you dont receive ur card but this is rare case.

Re: Re: Passport stamped today

Originally posted by sam99
you will get ur actual card within a month time frame. I-551 stamping is temporary evidence and its valid for a year. You may renew ur stamping if at all, you dont receive ur card but this is rare case.

Still waiting after more than 2 months, No card yet....I guess it varies among different States.

I got my stamping done on 3/29 but no Green Card yet. My kids got their Green Cards within 15 days of approval!
Thanks
TRISAM

Can you mention which center the stamping was done? I did mine at Baltimore on 29th April.

IND-MD-EB2
PD: 08/17/2000
RD: 05/09/2002
ND: 05/13/2002
EAD1:05/28/2002
EAD2:05/31/2003
FP1: 08/21/2002
FP2:02/23/2004
AD: 04/20/2004
PS:04/29/2004( Baltimore)

does gc come via regular mail

does actual plastic GC card come via regular mail
or is it fedexed or sent by some sort of priority/ certified mail

During stamping I was told it would take 8-12 months to receive the cards. I got it in 2 months via mail. I am in Maryland.

alphagc

Congratulations on your stamping.
Plastic cards can come anytime after a month but your stamping is good for one year, so no need to worry. The only thing is if you move (before you get your plastic cards) then promptly update your address with USCIS. This stamping is as good as Plastic Cards.

Please let us know when you get the palstic cards. I did my stamping on 04/29/04 at Boston so it will be useful. I will also post when I get my plastic cards.

Good Luck,
feb12RD.

HI BACK FEB12RD

feb12rd,

Thanks for this information again. I will be sure to post when I hear anything.