Passport stamped today at Boston INS

fizk

Registered Users (C)
My wife and me got our passport stamped today at Boston INS office.
We reached JFK building at 6:30am; there were about 10 people ahead of us. Gate opened at 7:00am, by that time line was too long.
After security check we went to "Immigration Forms" booth and got our fingerprint and signature on I-89 form, then stood in the line to get token. Our number was called after 10 min.
She took Approval notice, I-94, EAD and passport. (We don't have AP). After the IBIS security check she stamped our passport and said card will in arrive within 6-8 months.
We walked out of building around 8:15am and I thought to myself "we waited for so long for this little red seal on the passport".

For those who going to Boston for stamping here is my advice
1. There are 2 entrances; the main entrance is too crowded. There is another one at the side of building, its always empty.
2. Before getting the token, get I-89 first (finger printing and signature) , do not write anything on this form.

Now wait for card begins....
fizk

how long after approval notice can passport be stamped

Congratulations on your approval.

After you receive the courtesy copy and/or approval notice how long does it take to go for passport stamping at Boston?

Can you go the very next day? Or is an appointment needed? Or is an appointment date mentioned in approval notice?

side entrance

fizk,
isn't the side entrance for employees only???
it had been last time i was there . . .

waiting_f_godot
You can go for passport stamping next day you receive courtesy copy or original copy from attorney, there is no appointment required. Notice says, Mon-Fri 7:00am to 3:00pm, so you can just walk-in.

dr_hangup
There are 2 side entrances, first one is for employees, if you walk further you will find second public entrance. You may want to get familiar with this entrance before you actually go there.

Good luck
fizk