Passport Stamped...SOI --- Good Bye !

sonofindia

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

My AD was 06.12.02 and I stamped the passport today. I reached INS -San Jose at 7.30 AM and was out by 10.30 AM. Went to the appointments line (2 people in front) and was let in immediately (As others have pointed out Original or Courtesy copy of I485 approval counts as appointment)
My token number was called at 9.15 AM. Officer took away our passports, I94 and my EAD. We were told that passports with the I-551 stamp will be returned in about an hour, as they needed to do IBIS check.
Got the passport back at 10.20 AM with I-551 stamp valid for 1 year and IBIS OK stamp.

Good Luck to all I485 waiters.

This will probably will be my last post. GOD bless.

soi

No Title

Hi,
what is IBIS ok stamp. we did our passports stamped on may 23rd.But never know that there is ibis stamp even though they checked ibis system

soi, question for you

Heard some folks going for PP stamping as early as 5am. U mentioned you went at 7.30 am? Was it too much rush? What do you advise?
Can you post your experience?
Thanks!

If you have approval notice, you do not need to go at 5 AM as it is considered as appointment

Go at 7.00 AM and stand in the appoinments line. I went in at 7.30 AM and was out by 10.30 AM (1 hour delay due to IBIS check).

My advise is to go at 7.00AM and you should be out by 10 AM.

soi

similar case here. Thanks all for help !!

wac 1-250-x
rd 31-may-01
nd 6-aug-01
fp 10-jan-02
rfe 21-mar-02
ad 12-jun-02
pp stamped : 24-jun-02

Thanks all for your help during last 6 months of torturous wait..

Our stamping experiences at SJC

Must reach INS SJC office before 7:00AM, to stand in the appointment line. They started taking people in around 7:00AM. Our turn came around 7:20AM and we were given our passports back with unvaluable I-551 stamp on it and IBIS check OK around 8:17AM. We were out by 8:20AM happily driving back home. Going early will also help you securing parking space, else you got to park a block away in the back.

Going few minutes early in the morning surely helps and those few minutes might delay you an hour.
Hope this helps!

my PP stamp has no IBIS stamp, is it a must?

only I-551 stamp, with hand-writing A# and WAC#

ISIS check is something INS does

As you mentioned, you have a valid I-551 stamp with A# and WAC#, you should be ok. INS people does IBIS checks being mandatory as part of PP stamping, they might have done in the background, and forget to put it on your passport.
You should not bother, since you got I-551 stamp.

Most of my friends took PP stamp at San Francisco, noone has IBIS stamp on PP

Looks like that you guys did PP stamp at San Jose, maybe that is why, not sure.

That is correct

We got our passports stamped at San Jose (SJC). SFO office might be following different practice of NOT putting "IBIS check OK" stamp on the passport. In any case, I should not worry, since this is something not our fault and we won\'t be penalized for that.
Take it easy !!!

Last edited by a moderator: