Passport Stamped : San Diego (Chula Vista)

cal_walker

Registered Users (C)
We went to the Chula Vista service centre without appointment. Reached there at 8:00 am. Got the token at 8:30 am. The number got called at about 1:00 pm (very late).

We were out at 1:30 pm.

Note : Infopass appointment system has started for San Diego (Although the online uscis site doesn't clearly reflects this).

cal_walker
-----------
WAC-02-277-5XXXX
Approved on Aug 10, 2004

Original approval letter or courtesy copy ?

cal_walker,

Congratulations...!

Did you take the original approval notice or did you take th courtesy copy of the approval ?

I got my courtesy copy and I have not received my wife's approval copy yet. The website says both of our i-485s are approved. My kid's status still says 'The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time ....'

Is the above message common ?

How was your experience over there in the Chulavista office ?

-Football

Re : Original approval letter or courtesy copy ?

All the communications for the purpose of greencard is with my Lawyers. So I didn't receive any courtesy copy. I got Approval letter from lawyer and took the same.

Overall, I think you should reach there by 7:30 am for quick processing.
Also, you should take Infopass appointment.

The person who handled our stamping was pretty cool. He kept Original Approval Notice, I-94 forms and their copy, Copy of California Id, Copy of passports first and last page, 2 passport style photos. He didn't keep any EAD cards or APs. Returned our stamped passports in about 15 mins. Also confirmed the address where we want to receive plastic cards. I gave them my lawyers address (as ours may change).

He told that plastic card may take 4-6 months.

I don't have any idea about the missing case status message.

cal_walker