Passport stamped on 8/10/01 at Arlington, VA

turlitava

Registered Users (C)
Please look at the second line for my case particulars... The entry with the same handle name at the VSC tracker has been updated.

Arrived at 5:30 a.m., already there were 30 people waiting. Doors opened at 7:25, and after security check took the elevator to 2nd floor, room 210. Had to dispose of food and drinks as those are not allowed in the room. There are two lines: Line A is for EAD, AP, Naturalization and Line B is for GC stamp, status check, etc. Officer takes all your stuff, organizes it, returns it to you and gives out a DMV style ticket. Initially, only one counter was working (out of 6) and it was going pretty slow. Once the entry doors of room 210 were closed (around 9:10, I assume that they stopped letting people in) more officers were available to process the load, so within 15 minutes 5 counters were open. We managed to get everything done by 10 a.m. although they made my wife take new GC pictures (there is a deli/photo right next to INS, 2 pics/$10). The officers were courteous and fast, the process of taking a fingerprint, signature and passport stamping on the counter took no longer than 5 minutes.

Be sure to take a driver\'s license with you as well as any EAD/AP - none of this was mentioned in the original and courtesy copy approval notice. Both notices were received by my lawyer and myself on 8/9/01.

I wish to thank Mr. Khanna for maintaining this exteremly valuable and useful message board. Also, sincere gratitude goes to Myladoor, OCT2000 and others whose efforts to provide statistics about processing times helped me keep the faith.

Best luck to everyone, may your approval soon come. I am gonna knock myself out now, waking up at 4:30 was not fun at all...

Thanks,

turlitava

Congratulations and Good Luck

Thanks for your post. I am planning to go to Arlington VA to apply for 2nd EAD as my first one is expired and EAD papers have been Xfered here along with I-485. Any Suggestions turlitava ??

Best of Luck with you new State of Mind and Freedom.

-GC4VP

No Title

If you decide to go, you definitely need to go early. I think if it is more than 90 days from the EAD\'s ND you should be able to get the EAD card there. Please be aware that I have applied for my EAD through Vermont and not through Arlington so I do not know of their actual procedure for renewal EAD.

Cheers,

turlitava

one question, .???

in the from, did they ask you to sign or to print your first name and Last name?? because I got PP stamped today at NY, her that
lady asked us to print our fist name and last name on ther form under the metal sheet. Is it normal???

thanks

Thanks turlitava

Even I had applied to VSC and I don\'t know why they transfered my EAD application (with I-485 papers). I have previously read on this board that ppl were successful in getting EAD b4 90 day period, since my EAD is expired, I am hoping to do the same.

Do appreciate your answer.. thanks and good luck

:)

Details of stamping, need info?

Pls let me know what kind of photo is required. Is it same as EAD or
different. Do they ask for employment letter etc. Where to park in
Arlington. How for it is from Roslyn metro station.

Thnaks

RKumar

No Title

Net,

I was only asked to do signature and fingerprint. There was absolutely no document that I had to fill up with any of my personal info.

Thanks,

turlitava

No Title

RKumar,

Yup, it is pretty much the same photo as EAD. I did not carry any employment letter with me and was not asked to produce one. In regard to parking, if you turn right on the street right before the INS, you will see a sign for $4 parking for the whole day. If there is no attendant you can put your payment in a deposit box that corresponds to your parking space number. Be careful, as the $4 parking is the second one from the left side of the street; the first one is parking for INS employees and your car will get towed away if you park there (happenned to one of my colleagues at work).

Hope this helps.

turlitava

Should the Driving Licence Be from VA For Stamping at INS, Arlingtonm

Hi Turlitava
Can you please let me know if you need to have VA Licence for stamping in Arlington,VA. If a person currently holds NJ Licence and wants to go Arlington for Stamping Because I-485 approval is from that Juridiction is it OK. CAn you please let me know if know any info on this.
Tx,
KK.