Passport Stamped in Norfolk, VA, a wonderful experience

Samba

Registered Users (C)
Passport Stamped in Norfolk, VA, a wonderful experience

Approved on 9-05-01, got courtesy approval notice from VSC on 9-10-01 (Monday).
Yesterday(9-11-01) morning arrived at Norfolk INS around 9:00 am, at that time they were processing case of 71#,

Then went to the outside building for the Quick Photo (about 100 m away facing the INS build). Each ADIT photo costs $10 (a very good business!).

When we were shooting the pictures, and got the breaking news from a small TV in that guy studio: Jet airplanes just hit the WTC in NY. Everybody felt bad.

9:15 am, we returned to the INS building, they have started to call the case #82, then we wrote our name and A# on each photo.

9:20am, our # was called, walked to the counter, that very nice lady asked
1) our passport; 2) courtesy approved letter; 3) I-94; 4) two immigration-style pictures(just got it with $20). Didn\'t ask EAD card, didn\'t check her computer, just asked us to do the index finger print twice on both side of I-89(?) form, asked the new address, and stamped on our passport. During the process, another lady insider told her the event happened in NY, and we also talk about this tragedy during the whole process. It\'s very smooth and easy process, and she is very nice lady.

9:20 am, we walked out the building, and back to I-64 (not a immigration form! :) this is our highway).

As somebody said before, Norfolk local center may be the best of best service center in eastern US.

Any question? Thanks everybody gathered this forum. God bless those who are still waiting, your day is coming soon!

Take care! So long!

-Samba

Congrats

Samba,

Thanks for sharing this experience. My case was transferred to Norfolk for an Interview and it was a pleasant experience. Kindly update when you receive ur cards as I was stamped on 08/30/01 in Norfolk and they said it would take them 6 months to send the cards out.

Keep in touch

Thanks

No Title

Thanks GcWaiter5yrs!

Where are you? I am in Williamsburg, I bet you know it very well. Don\'t worry about GC, it will be in your place around one month, not 6 months as the lady said, but who knows. Most of my friend gots htem within one month after PP in this early year.

get touch!

-samba