Passport Stamped in Newark on 5/29

upside down

Registered Users (C)
Finally I got my PP stamped in Newark. The feeling is not bad, especially after the recent installation of extra security check which was really scary. I went there after 8am, entered through the back door with the sign of "Immigration Entrance". Basically followed the instructions to fill in forms, submitting documents, asking to mail my plastic cards to my home address. The only wait I felt long is that after the officer on 10th floor collected my documents and before he stamped the pp. This was expected since many good souls on this board had posted their experience of last week. One glitch is that the immigration officer stamped the stamp on an Observations page on my passport. I found out and he re-did it on a Visa page. The whole thing was done by 12 noon, including the re-applying of social security card next door.

I want to thank Mr. Rajiv S. Khanna for hosting this wonderful site. Thanks also go to Milk, jai surya1 (your post of last week is really wonderful), 485ND0921, Sher, bottleguys, kvreddy, gypsy, and many others for sharing your experience and offering comforting and encouragement. Best wishes for your future endavour, and good luck to all those who are still waiting!

Yes

I received my courtesy copy last week and the original copy only yesterday.

Thanks Sher, good luck to you!

Why stamping?

Sorry for the silly question. I know many people received GC in less than 2 months after PP stamping. Why do you have to have pp stamped. Can you skip it?

No Title

You approval notice may not really mean much untill you go to INS and sign and put an index finger print on Form-I89 which completes your residency process.Getting PP stamped is just a consequnce.
You may not get your GC card with out the above procedure (I-89 ).