Passport Stamped in Buffalo INS? Have a question?

vijay sivanesan

Registered Users (C)
I had passport stamped on 12/01/00. IIO didnt ask for my photographs or anything else. She said that since my approval notice says that an alien registration card will be mailed to you, nothing needs to be done.

Anyone had the same experience?

By the way my RD is 08/99, EB2 PD 4/98.
Thanks for your input
Vijay

No Title

Hi,
They already might he having a photo of yours probably the extra one from the Advance Parole application. How ever I hope you did I89(finger printing ) and the sign for the actual plastic card though.

No Title

Thanks for your reply:
The IIO at the Buffalo INS didnt ask anything. Just she stamped the passport abd said she doesnt need anything. I didnt sign any paper work. My finger printing was done in the month of June 00. Do I have to sign for the permanent registration card to be received?.
Thanks
Vijay

No Title

Usually at the time of PP stamping, you will be fingerprinted in I-89 form and that will be sent to the Service Center for processing.I do not know why in Buffalo they did not do in your case. For your info, the fingerprints of right index finger will be taken for the actual green card and that will appear in the card. You may have to clarify with the Buffalo INS office.

No Title

Thanks aba485:
when I talked to my lawyer about this, he said that they will use the finger prints and photographs from before. Does it make sense?
thanks
vijay