Passport stamped, but laid off :( "Gurus pl. help"

PR-status

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My 485 got approved and I recently got my passport stamped with 1 year validity, now I am laidoff.

I have the following questions, please help:
Q1. I have been working in the semiconductor area, should my next job be in the same field? What are the limitations?

Q2. If I work part-time as a consultant (using 1099 Misc), can I also apply for unemployment benefit and not jeopardize getting my green card? (Please note that I still have not received my green card yet.)

Q3. If I decide to relocate back home (India) after I get my green card, then can I come back to the US with the card after 2 or 3 months. i.e., how can I keep the card valid for some time when I am out of the US for some time.

Q4. If I had to travel outside of the US and come back, what do I answer for my current employment status while at the port of entry?

Your time and help are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks for your answer and pointer GC2101.

Can you oe someone else tell me how to check the following information
(LUD message change after stamping, stating that the card has been ordered) from the USCIS website.
Is the procedure something similar to checking 485 status with the LIN#?

Which site and what are the information that I need to use to find any status change after passport stamping?

Thanks

PR Status

PR-status said:
Thanks for your answer and pointer GC2101.

Can you oe someone else tell me how to check the following information
(LUD message change after stamping, stating that the card has been ordered) from the USCIS website.
Is the procedure something similar to checking 485 status with the LIN#?

Which site and what are the information that I need to use to find any status change after passport stamping?

Thanks

You track the progress of the card using your I485 receipt number. It is exactly the same as checking your 485 status.