Passport Stamped at SFO today.

sanjayrangan

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
Just wanted to give a quick update about my stamping. I was scheduled to go for stamping today @12:45 in San Francisco.

Here is the information:
=================

reached INS office at around 12:35, and my appointment was scheduled at 12:45. The guard let me in immediately and just checked my passport. After seconds, i was allowed to go into the counter to get a token. Got a token in about few seconds during which the person at the counter made sure i had all the documents.I had already arranged everything in a see through folder and and everything was neatly in place. After collecting the token, i came down to sit waiting for my number to be called.Instantly my number was flashing at the counter. So, i had walked upto the counter.I was greeted by a lady officer who was very pleasant, she was happy to see everything was neatly organised.She took of the I-94 from my passport, stamped, wrote my A# number, took my finger print and while doing all this said i can travel anywhere but should not stay more than 6 months out of the US. She let me go in less than 5 minutes !!!!!!! and she said i can get a card in about a year !.

485 : June 25th 2002
FP : Jan 29th, 2004
AD : Oct 8th, 2004
PP : Oct 22nd. 2004
3 EAD's, 2 AP's
TSC - > EB2

sanjayrangan said:
Hi All,
Just wanted to give a quick update about my stamping. I was scheduled to go for stamping today @12:45 in San Francisco.

Here is the information:
=================

reached INS office at around 12:35, and my appointment was scheduled at 12:45. The guard let me in immediately and just checked my passport. After seconds, i was allowed to go into the counter to get a token. Got a token in about few seconds during which the person at the counter made sure i had all the documents.I had already arranged everything in a see through folder and and everything was neatly in place. After collecting the token, i came down to sit waiting for my number to be called.Instantly my number was flashing at the counter. So, i had walked upto the counter.I was greeted by a lady officer who was very pleasant, she was happy to see everything was neatly organised.She took of the I-94 from my passport, stamped, wrote my A# number, took my finger print and while doing all this said i can travel anywhere but should not stay more than 6 months out of the US. She let me go in less than 5 minutes !!!!!!! and she said i can get a card in about a year !.

485 : June 25th 2002
FP : Jan 29th, 2004
AD : Oct 8th, 2004
PP : Oct 22nd. 2004
3 EAD's, 2 AP's
TSC - > EB2
I too got my approval from VSC but stamped at SFO. Let us keep track of plastic card. Both of our LUD changed on 10/18 and 10/19 without change in message. Watch yours too.

Smililar pleasant stamping experience in SFO

Approved on 10/8. Took an infopass for 10/22 at 9.15 am. Entered in,got my token, but had not organized my papers so the lady asked me to re-arrange them. Within minutes me and my family were fingerprinted and our passports were stamped and I was told that we could travel with this stamp. I specifically asked as I am palnning to travel outside the country. She mentioned that I would get my actual card in a years time. Lets see when I get my actual plactic card. Good Luck to all.

Rambo

Cool.

Great. Thats what she told me i would get my card in about a year's time. :)

As long as i can travel freely and work without any restirctions i am ok.

Regards
Sanjay