Passport stamped at Philly INS 7/20

donshye

I got my passport stamped this morning at the Philly INS. I got there around 7:30, and there were about 20-30 people ahead of me in the line.
But it seemed that waiting in the line was a waste, because once I went inside, mine was like the second passport stamping case of the day. My turn came very quickly and the stamping itself took less than 5 minutes. I was out of the building in less than an hour after I got in. The stamp itself is disappointing. Just a small red rubber stamp for years worth of anxiety and frustration ??!! Just kidding ! I know it is what the stamp represents that is important. Anyway, can\'t wait to get my actual card and to be finally done with this mess once and for all.

PD: 6/30/99, RD: 7/31/00, ND: 8/16/00, FP: 11/29/00, AD: 7/11/01, PP: 7/20/01.

No Title

Ajit, I do admit that the processing at INS is very erratic and not everyone gets treated fairly. But there is nothing I can do about it. I happen to be one of the lucky people, but I am not gloating about it. So, please don\'t hold it against me. I was merely conveying information and my feelings about this process (and 2 years of uncertainty, anxiety and frustration is unfortunately not alleviated by the fact that there are people who have been waiting a lot longer). I wish everyone on this board the best of luck and sincerely hope that everyone hears the good news soon.