Passport Stamped at LA

garun

Registered Users (C)
Finally, it's over. Yipee! We got our passport stamped yesterday (8/5) at LA.

1. We had an Infopass appt at 8AM.
2. Followed the directions by WhySoLong. It was great. We parked the car at the on Temple near Temple / Alameda crossing ($4.00 all day). It's couple of minutes (two traffic light) walk to the CIS building.
3. We reached there around 7:30AM and were told to queue up just outside the building (you are only allowed to queue up there 30 minutes earlier). The security actually checked the Infopass appt printout to confirm the appt. time.
4. At around 7:50AM we were told to proceed towards the building and we again queued up right in front.
5. Around 8:00AM we were slowly let in. Be sure to carry some form of ID for both you and your wife.
6. Once we entered, we stood in a line to get a token number assigned for our appt. We gave the Infopass prinout to the lady in the counter. She assigned a number to it and gave it back to us.
7. There is a spacious hall inside where you can sit and wait for your number to be flashed on the screen atop. The screen displays which window you need to go to (pretty much like DMV). But this was really fast.
8. We has our number called in an hour or so.
9. The lady was extremely nice. We submitted the I-485 Application (Original), two photographs, EAD (current), AP (current), I-94.
10. The officer first looked at my wife's application. She asked for another photo ID.
11. She cut off the EAD and voided the AP and checked the photographs. I had actually taken both frontal view (as proposed by the new rule) and the side view (ADIT style). She accepted the ADIT style photograph.
12. She then asked my wife her name, date of birth, mother's first name, father's first name, and also verified the address. She kept on looking at her monitor to verify the data.
10. Next she asked my wife to fill out a form (name, date of birth, mother's first name, father's first name, address).
11. The officer also filled out some stuff. Then my wife had her fingerprint done (Index finger) and affixed on both sides of the application.
12. Next the officer arranged all the documents together and went on to stamp my wife's passport.
13. Since I took the original notice (the one sent to my lawyer), it had my lawyer's address on it. For whatever reason the lady asked me if we had changed address and I said NO. She then told me but this one shows a different address, and I explained her that it was out lawyer's address and surely I don't want the card to be sent there. She understood and made a note on the notice stating that "Please send the card to the following address:" and then wrote down my home address on the notice. So, my advice to you all: Carry your courtesy notice along with your original. Give them the courtesy notice and only produce the original if asked for. This way you'll avoid confusion.
14. The same thing got repeated for me. But this time she didn't stamp mine immediately but told us to wait instead.
15. After about 10 minutes or so we were called again to the window (The name was actually announced this time), and she gaev us both our passport, congratulated us and told that it will take 6-12 months to get the card.

I'm relieved now. My best wishes to everybody in this forum. It has been a great moral booster in this long journey. People have been extremely helpful, sometimes funny and at times nasty. But overall it's been a pleasant experience. I sincerely hope all of you there should get approved very soon. My special thanks to Kashmir, I-140, rk4gc, dsatish for their continued hardwork. Best of luck to ruxrux for your SJ appt. Hey! mango (mango_pickle), hope you get approved very soon. My special prayers for I-140 (for all the great work) "May you get blessed with GC very soon" :)

------------------------------
WAC-02-107-XXXXX
I-485 ND 02/08/2002
1st FP 04/2002
3 EADs, 3APs
2nd FP 06/2004
Approved 07/16/2004
Passport Stamped 08/05/2004

Congrats ....

Did you have seperate appointment for you and your wife ? or with only one appointment both you and your wife was allowed to enter

Don't know why I dint see this approval, but garun hearty congratulations! :) I guess your specially prayers worked, received my approval a couple of days after yours. :)

Thanks once again, and good luck for the future. :)

140_takes_4ever said:
Don't know why I dint see this approval, but garun hearty congratulations! :) I guess your specially prayers worked, received my approval a couple of days after yours. :)

Thanks once again, and good luck for the future. :)

I did not visit the forum for last few days and hence did not see your posting about your approval. It's great to know that you got approved. You've been a great contributor to this forum (pretty passionate one :) ).

Good luck to you on your future too. :)