Passport stamped at Chicago INS

gntemp

Registered Users (C)
RD: 9/5/2001
AD: 10/21/2002
VSC

Took the Blueline to Jackson. INS building is half a block away. We reached the INS office at 8:00 AM. Took the token on the first floor and was asked to go to the second floor. Went through security and had to wait in the information/forms queue for about 10 minutes. We were given another token number (starts with E xxx)and asked to wait in the waiting area. After 5 min an officer came around calling for people having E tokens. We were the only one in the room. IIO took the passports first and verified that we were the same persons mentioned in the approval notices. I asked if it was possible to get my spouse's green card issued with my last name instead of the maiden name mentioned in the approval notice. She said it might not be possible but would check with her supervisor. She returned a short while later and said that it was possible. I showed her our original marriage certificate and gave a copy to her.
And then Murphy's law kicked in. She checked the photos and found that the photos did not conform to the ADIT specs. (We had our photos taken at Walgreens and I suspected that they were not upto specs but the lady who took the photos insisted that they were good) There was a photo studio right next to the INS office and we got our photos taken again. (35 bucks for 4 photos). This time we didn't have to wait in inline. We went to the IIO's counter directly and gave her our photos. We had our fingerprints and signature taken. She stamped our passports and returned them to us. She forgot to remove the I-94 card from my spouse's pport. I mentioned this to her and she took the I-94 and added it to the application. I asked her again if my wife's green card would be issued with my last name and she replied that it would be. I did not see her change my wife's last name from maiden name to my last name in any form or screen other than just attaching the marriage certificate to the application. I was out by 9:15 AM.
Everything went smoothly and the whole thing took just an hour and fifteen minutes inspite of having to get the photos taken again.

I didn't have to fill any forms other than sign once in a square box of an application shown by the IIO. Anyone know who fills out this application? Just don't want to get the card with incorrect information and go to the INS office again......

Anyone have any idea how long the wait is for the cards. Does this fall under Nebraska or still fall under VSC?

Hi, I need some Info from you !

Hi,
Congrats on geting your GC. I also live in chicago area. can you give me the full address and direction to chicago INS. Did you file your 485 from VSC or NSC.

I did this in VSC , but,i am currently in chicago on a temp assignment. please let me know, if i can go to CHI ins to get my PP stamped. I guessing, you also did the same thing.Hope you were asked, as to why were you in chicago INS instead of whereever you guys where are asked to go for stamping.

please let me know and also how soon do i need to be at the INS.

your inouts will be helpful.
thanks,
joe

stamping

My firm's headquarters is in Virginia and I reside in Illinois. So my 485 was filed in VSC and I went to the Chicago INS for stamping. INS office is at 10 W Jackson Blvd. It is half a block away from the Blue line Jackson stop. I was in at 8AM and out by 9:15 AM.