passport stamped at Arlington

anilsingh72

Registered Users (C)
Got our passports stamped today. Reached the INS office at 6:30 AM. There were around 50 people before us. They only take 150 per day. People there said its good to go on Thursdays and Fridays, Worst day is Monday. Went inside the office at 7:30 AM, took elevator to second floor, to Room 210, there was another queue to take token, the same 50 people before us so had to wait for another 40 mins to get the Ticket, where he checked out Approval notice, EAD, AP, Passport and photos and gave us tickets. There is a cafe downstairs to get your photos if you forget.

After 15 mins our number was called, there was a lady who didn't talk a thing just stamped our passport, took our signatures and finger prints and said you are done, we were out by 9:15.

how long it takes to get the actual cards??? :D :D :D :D

Congratulations....

1. Did you get it done with your courtesy copy or you had original???

2. What things need to take along with you?

3. How long did it take you to receive letter (your copy) after mailed date on status site?

I am expecting approval notice soon so just want to be prepared...

Will appreciate your response... as I live in northern VA too.

thanks and good luck

here are your answers

>>1. Did you get it done with your courtesy copy or you had original???

I had both the original and courtesy copy but I gave them the original only.

>>2. What things need to take along with you?

AP, EAD, I-94, passport, 2 ADIT photos

>>3. How long did it take you to receive letter (your copy) after mailed date on status site?

Approved on monday, rcvd courtesy copy friday, my lawyer rcvd original next monday.

>>I am expecting approval notice soon so just want to be prepared...

There is a parking right next to INS, it opens at 7 AM and it $5, I parked at metered parking before 7 and then parked in this garage.

>>Will appreciate your response... as I live in northern VA too.

Any other questions???

thanks for the response....

ADIT photos is the same one which is done for AP or 485 ( I mean showing one side of face) so 2 photos per person...

Will take everything I have... my AP expired in Jan 2003 my I-94 expired last year March 9th as 6years of H1 ended that day. Will it effect my stamping in any way or I need to have anything else...

So all these (what to bring) are mentioned in the Approval notice...

Thanks for the tip for metered parking so I will keep some quarters....and will park in garage after 7.

thanks in advance....

Congratulation!

Based on other posts :
It takes about 3-4 weeks for actual card to arrive.
Don't forget to stick your name inside your mail box..

Congratulations again!

>>ADIT photos is the same one which is done for AP or 485 ( I mean showing one side of face) so 2 photos per person...

yes they are the same photos. I got it at Costco 4.99 for 2 photos

>>Will take everything I have... my AP expired in Jan 2003 my I-94 expired last year March 9th as 6years of H1 ended that day. Will it effect my stamping in any way or I need to have anything else...

they will take your AP, EAD and I-94 as you wont need them anymore, even if they are expired.

>>So all these (what to bring) are mentioned in the Approval notice...

yes... they tell everything in approval notice

Thanks for the tip for metered parking so I will keep some quarters....and will park in garage after 7.

Metered parking is free before 8 AM. it says on the meter. Many people put quaters in them anyways.....

Hope this helps....

Thanks...

Thanks for the info on everything...... specially on costco... will get it done from there only and will not waste my quarters, thanks...