Passport stamped after 485 approval again FP notice .. Funny INS....

kudi

Registered Users (C)
Everyone may be surprised to hear this . I got my passport stamped in Dec 2000 for the approval I got on 485( my wife and kids too got approved all stamped).
Again on 4/25/01 I was asked to do FP for the 485 type application. What all this . Can any one through their opinion or similar kind of experiences?

I checked the AVM it says that My green card processing has been finished.

No Title

I called INS on a related issue. It is my impression that you should discard the notice and move on with your life.

Congratulations on your GC!

No Title

Thanks!!

I was already in the impression taht I got GC longback ie. in Dec 2000. Then how come the INS system is again repeating for the candidates sending this FP notices. Looks a major bug in the software they are using or some how the info they have is not correct on their system. I already got earlier also 2 times this FP and I ignored after first FP done then GC came after a few days at that time

No Title

Same here. Got stamped in Jan 2001. Got another Fp notice dated
04/25/01 (same as yours). Iam going to ignore it as it clearly
stated that if your application was granted then one can ignore it.

No Title

Was that stated clearly if your application granted you can ignore it?. Some how I did not go through the rest of details, what I saw is you can ignore if you finger printed with in 90 days. Any way all I descided is I am ignoring and I have already got 2 Fp notices even before stamped my passport.
Thanks for the inputs and sharing the same experience.

No Title

I am in the same boat. Got stamped in Dec 2000.

Talked to my attorney, who asked me to throw the FP notice in garbage.