Passport Stamp Size

eltoro

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone post the size of a passport stamp? My wife's passport is full. She does not have an empty page, but does have several pages with single stamp on it. We wonder if an approval should come (keep the fingers crossed) would they stamp it on a non-empty page. Getting a new passport is not really an option right now.

How about getting your consulate/embassy to add pages to your passport. My passport was full and I got the Indian Consulate to add pages. Check with the nearest consulate of your country.

The stamp itself will take about half page, but the office will write down your I485 case number (the src- number), your A number and some words like "I551 is processed..."etc. So it will take a whole page.

harvydonald said:
How about getting your consulate/embassy to add pages to your passport.
This is not possible in our case, unfortunately. European Union passport regulations forbid issuing this kind of a document, so I am told. They require a new passport, period. And it takes 6 months to get it from here :(

eltoro,

As others in this forum have mentioned, the passport stamping is not mandatory to get the plastic card. So, if you do not plan to travel -or- change jobs before you get the plastic card, you may not need the stamping.
You might still need to go to the local INS for I-89 and fingerprinting.

gc_ckr

gc_ckr said:
So, if you do not plan to travel...
Fortunately for us, we do travel a lot :) This creates whole different set of problems, therefore we think that a passport stamp would be a necessity.

On the other hand passport authorities in my country are willing to issue a temporary passport, valid for one year from the date of issue while the regular passport application is processed. Do you, gurus, think that INS would have an issue with that?

eltoro,

As long as the temporary passport has some info. that identifies with your existing original passport, I feel that it should not be an issue.

You may need to carry(and show) both passports during travel. That is all.

gc_ckr

Temp Passport

The passport needs to be valid for a minimum amout of time at the time of stamping. I think it needs to be good for at least 1 year. Other gurus on this forum might know better than me.