Passport Stamp Question

thewaiting

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have an appointment next week to do the passport stamp for an approved I-485, and wanted to know which documents do I need to bring:

Do I need originals for the L visa approvals ? or just he originals for the I-485 ?

Any other docs ?

Thanks

hi there- if you have them take them- can't hurt. We took copies of reciepts and originals for our Hi-B and they took everything. Take photocopies before going as they will keep everything. (we didnt thinking we would get stuff back :()

good luck

Documents for PP Stamping

Here are the documents we took for our stamping yesterday:

1. Infopass Appointment (for each person)
2. Approved i485 notices
3. Approved i140 notice
4. 2 recent photos (write your A# behind each one)
5. All previous EADs
6. All previous APs
7. Passport

You will not get your EADs or APs or your Approval notices. You will only get your passport back.

Thanks a lot for the information.

Another question, how long does the process take ?

About the I-140 I only have a xerox-copy of the original. The company's attorney has the original, should I have that ?

The officer did not ask for I-140 when I got my PP stamped in Boston. Past EADs, APs, approved 485 (797C), 2 PP style photos (with A# and name written with pencil), printout of Infopass appointment and ofcourse PP should be more than enough.

Do not stress...it's a smooth process.

Infopass question

KarthikC and others,

Can you schedule the same time and day for the whole family, like for wife and kid? If not, how can you put the whole family together for the stamp appointment?

Thanks.
Sam

KarthikC said:
Here are the documents we took for our stamping yesterday:

1. Infopass Appointment (for each person)
2. Approved i485 notices
3. Approved i140 notice
4. 2 recent photos (write your A# behind each one)
5. All previous EADs
6. All previous APs
7. Passport

You will not get your EADs or APs or your Approval notices. You will only get your passport back.

Yes Only Need 1 Apt For The Family.infact Infopass Will Not Allow U To Make Another Apt Same Day And Time.

KAY KAY,

As mentioned above, they make appointment for each person. You said I can make one family appointment. If this is the case, which name I should enter, just mine, not my wife and kid? If just one family appointment, how can I show the local CIS officer I have also the appointment for my family?
Please clarify this, I'm a little bit confused.

KAY KAY said:
Yes Only Need 1 Apt For The Family.infact Infopass Will Not Allow U To Make Another Apt Same Day And Time.

Just got back from the appt, everything was just fine, 30-40 minutes all together from going in to getting out with the passport stamp.

They asked for and kept:

.- Infopass appt.
.- 2 photos
.- Courtesy copies for the I485 approval
.- EADs
.- APs
.- I94's

BTW, I asked and only one infopass appointmet was needed for me and my spouse, (I had two anyway),

Thanks to all.

thewaiting said:
They asked for and kept:

.- Infopass appt.
.- 2 photos
.- Courtesy copies for the I485 approval
.- EADs
.- APs
.- I94's

BTW, I asked and only one infopass appointmet was needed for me and my spouse, (I had two anyway),

Thanks to all.

Would you please let me know:

I-94's mean all I94's with H1-B exts or just one with pp given at port of entry is fine ? I've H1/H4 exts every year. Do they really care about H1/H4's I-94's ?

lohith said:
Would you please let me know:

I-94's mean all I94's with H1-B exts or just one with pp given at port of entry is fine ? I've H1/H4 exts every year. Do they really care about H1/H4's I-94's ?

lohith

I only brought to the appointment the last one from the pp given at the POE.