Passport satmped, does SS card rquired to be replaced before travel outside?

honeyhappy

Registered Users (C)
Friends,
I have a question I have my passport stamped and i understand that I have file aplication with local Social Security office to change the relevant info on it. My question is does it matter if I do it after I come back visiting home country or it has norelation with travel (atleast at the time of re-entry to US). Any experience or info will be quite helpful. :p

> country or it has norelation with travel

No relation to travel. T
(The only time somebody cares about your SS record is if the employer receives a 'no match' letter when paying your SS taxes or if your employers I9 forms get audited by BICE.)

Thanks. Th equestion came since at the posrt of entry I gueww normally they put SS no in their sytem so then we have to carry the leter from employer etc in case GC info is not updated. I was not sure whether I was correct or not.

> Th equestion came since at the posrt of entry I gueww normally
> they put SS no in their sytem

Granted, I have only entered the US on various visas so far, but I don't think CIS cares about your SS at the port of entry. They track you by your 'Alien Number' and your name, not by SS.

Immigration and/or border security does not care your SS, but SS cares your immigration status. 90% of the employers do not check you SSN card, they just ask you to write the number. 1% may ask to show your card..., for which you would like to remove the condition that "..... to work with INS authorization".

But I found one good reason to get this condition removed. SSA gets your name and immigration status from USCIS database directly. You can check your complete name..., the way it is written on INS and SSA databases...
We found that my name and my wifes name were screwed up by INS..., this we could find out only after we approached SSA to get the condition removed.

Also..., we found that USCIS is ready to correct the name on their database..., to appear exactly the same way as it appars on the passport.
ONE good thing.

Do we need passport-style or angular-style photos

honeyhappy said:
Friends,
I have a question I have my passport stamped and i understand that I have file aplication with local Social Security office to change the relevant info on it. My question is does it matter if I do it after I come back visiting home country or it has norelation with travel (atleast at the time of re-entry to US). Any experience or info will be quite helpful. :p

Hi Honeyhappy,

Since you have done stamping recently thought I should ask you. Did u provide new passport-style frontal photos or older Angular (3/4th face) photos??

Thanks for yr help

Yes it was new frontal style they will mention in approval notice.

Last edited by a moderator: