Passport Renewal

opensource

Registered Users (C)
My passport is expiring next year (2004) in Sept. I read that I can apply for a new passport 1 year in advance. Has anybody applied and got a new Indian passport in US? How long does it take?

Go to the Indian embassy site or your nearest Indian consulate site and read or ask them by phone, one of my friend got new passport in 4 days from New York Indian consulate. If you’re pervious passport is issued from Bombay, Delhi, Chennai, Ahmdabad then it takes very less time because they all have passport data in computer and linked to national data and embassy or consulate can check immediately

Documents required

What documents would one require for getting a new passport (10yrs on my old passport completing next year).

Thanks.

You can go to www.indianembassy.org and download the required form from there. You need to send the old passport along with your application of new passport. If you are using fedex/ups you can get your passport back in 1 week. Also various Indian Organizations at times conduct visa camps where you can apply for new passport in person and then they will send you the new passport by mail/fedex/ups. Let me know which city you are in, I can tell you if there is a visa camp coming up in your area.

Aksmks