passport renewal

yog_23

Registered Users (C)
For passport renewal, should you choose the embassy based on the employer location ? or your home address...

My employer is in michigan while my home address is colorado. So wasn't sure where to send the application (san francisco or chicago?)

Also another dump question maybe..when you are travelling and want to probably give a different address for return in the envelope, will it be okay ? Or will cause any problems ?

Thank you
Yog

You should chose your home address to determine jurisdiction.

Dont know about giving different address for mailing back the passport. You may want to call and find out.

I think my aunt did it before, she give different address for return and it was delivered, just a couple of weeks ago.

Thank you :)

I have some confusion regarding the Photo size.

The passport form says they need a "3.5 * 3.5" cm , I tried Fedex kinkos and Walgreens (they can only print a 2'' * 2'' photo & and can't print a 3.5 cm * 3.5 cm Indian passport size photo) .

The 2''* 2'' photo which I have doesn't fit into the application form.

Form used is below.
www.cgisf.org/visa/newpport.pdf

Wondering how other took the photo...Can I send a 2''*2'' instead of 3.5cm * 3.5cm ?

Thank you

My wife's passport is going to expire by March, 2007 and we are planning to go to Canada on Advance Parole second of October and return same time, should we expect any isssues since her passport will be valid for 6 months by the time we try to return to US?

Thanks in advance.

I have an update on photo if anyone needs the info.

It appears that we can send a 2''*2'' US passport size photo and the california center is accepting that.

thank you
yog