Passport Renewal

snalion

Registered Users (C)
Hello, my passport expires in August, and I have my GC interview in July. Now should I renew my passport before my interview or after? Is it a problem in any case? I am not sure as to what happens in the renewal, as to whether I get a new passport booklet or they just put in another expiry date in the same passport, thus the question. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you

yup

You should renew your passport prior to it's expiration date, because it can happen that they stamp your passport until it’s validation date. So, don’t risk it, better just renew it on time.

business+ said:
You should renew your passport prior to it's expiration date, because it can happen that they stamp your passport until it’s validation date. So, don’t risk it, better just renew it on time.
No I disagree with you..they will put 1 year stamp on PP and you have to carry both passport after renewal. So better renew it now. It takes 1 week.

I had the same question. I have my GC stamped on my Old Passport. I have sent my passport for renewal with the Indian embassy in Chicago. I have to make a sudden trip out of the country. When I re-enter US, will my GC stampled on the Old Passport be valid.

Thanks

pitchur said:
I had the same question. I have my GC stamped on my Old Passport. I have sent my passport for renewal with the Indian embassy in Chicago. I have to make a sudden trip out of the country. When I re-enter US, will my GC stampled on the Old Passport be valid.

Thanks
Yes you have to carry both the passport. GC stamp doesn't expire with PP expiry.They can always find our thru A#. I travelled twice on stamp and they can verify asking questions related to you.