Passport Renewal - in 485 stage

duke1234

Hi,
     My passport expires in couple of months from now - in August.
     Can any one post information about passport renewal
     procedure .Also, is it required that Passport be atlease 6 monts
     old to get I-485 approval stamped.

Thank you for your response,

No Title

If your passport is expiring in 2 months, it is highly advisable to renew it asap. You can contact the embassy of your country in the US and they should be able to tell you what you need to do for the passport renewal. Which country are you from?

No Title

If you are from India, then Indian consulates take maximum of TWO weeks to renew a passport. In fact, I got it done a month ago and it was done in 14 days including mailing time.

No Title

I am a Indian and I sent my Passport through my friend who works in NY city.
Got the new passport along with the old one on the same day at 5PM.
Hope this helps. I had around 8 months remaining in the passport expiry
when I renewed the same for 10 more years.

No Title

You should get your passport renewed. Go to the consulate website related to your country and download the application. Follow the instructions in it. Get your latest photos taken and attach the required fee. You must mail the original passport with the application. For Indian citizens it was taking between 2-4 weeks to get it renewed. Make sure you are sending the package safely.

No Title

You should renew your passport, for India I did my renewal in one day in NYC, go there in the morning with application, fee , and supporting docs, etc, and at 3:30PM you will get your new passport. I have renewed this time for 20Yrs, now my passport expires on 2019, I wanted to go for 40 years ( but I was not certian if I will live that long...just a joke).

Hope this helps

No Title

Hi Chutney,

Did you get a new passport along with the "cancelled" old one? How do you renew it for 20 years. I checked in Washington DC and they do it for only 10 years. I had 8 months left on my current one but they didn\'t renew it and gave me a new passport expiring after 10 years. Please clarify. Thanks in advance.

No Title

No I was just kidding, I renewed it for 10 years, yes they give the old passport back, ofcourse it has cancelled stamped all over the place I had H1B visa stamped on that one which was valid long time after the passport expired( it does not make much difference now .

Hope this helps