• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Passport received, no email that visa is issued?

josh000

Registered Users (C)
Hey all,

I've had a bit of a delay from my interview on the 7th, having to send in further documents that were not received till the 18th.

I got the standard email about hearing back n 4 weeks since mail is sorted offsite.

I just got an email from Loomis saying my passport will be available for pickup in a few days.

The CSC site is not updated and I received no email about a visa being issued.

Is this normal, is this what happened for other people who had their interview in Montreal?

Should I be at all worried that the visa was not issued?

Sorry for the late update!

I picked my passport up the next day with visa inside, and crossed at the montreal border without a hassle. I came through on the greyhound bus, it took about 30 minutes to process me, less time than some other people.

I wasn't asked any questions about money or anything, and I never received an email saying my visa was approved, it just was.

If you guys have any questions please let me know!

I picked my passport up the next day with visa inside, and crossed at the montreal border without a hassle. I came through on the greyhound bus, it took about 30 minutes to process me, less time than some other people.

I wasn't asked any questions about money or anything, and I never received an email saying my visa was approved, it just was.

This is really good to know that everything moved smoothly. Congratulations!!!
Enjoy your new status!!!

Hey Josh

Thanks for letting us know and fantastic news! I will keep my envy at bay :p Enjoy your new adventures!

Q

Thanks guys!

If anyone has questions about being australian, or being in canada/montreal, I'll be happy to help!

Thanks guys!

If anyone has questions about being australian, or being in canada/montreal, I'll be happy to help!

Congratulations Josh! That must have been a bit stressful not knowing what was going on. Glad to hear it turned out well for you.

I'm an Aussie living in Canada, so we will need to head to Montreal from the west coast for our interview - probably March 2013. Or at least I hope I will. I still haven't heard back from KCC as to whether they can change my interview from Sydney to Montreal. It should be a straightforward change. Otherwise, it'll be a much costlier trip!

So from what I've researched, you have to register with Loomis once you get an interview and they take care of your passport, right? I still have to figure out how long after the visa is approved will the passports get to the Loomis depot. It'd be nice to have that info so I can figure out our itinerary, for the return flight.

Drop by this site once in a while so if I think of anything I'll ask you for advice. Thanks! And enjoy your life in the US!

Congratulations Josh! That must have been a bit stressful not knowing what was going on. Glad to hear it turned out well for you.

I'm an Aussie living in Canada, so we will need to head to Montreal from the west coast for our interview - probably March 2013. Or at least I hope I will. I still haven't heard back from KCC as to whether they can change my interview from Sydney to Montreal. It should be a straightforward change. Otherwise, it'll be a much costlier trip!

So from what I've researched, you have to register with Loomis once you get an interview and they take care of your passport, right? I still have to figure out how long after the visa is approved will the passports get to the Loomis depot. It'd be nice to have that info so I can figure out our itinerary, for the return flight.

Drop by this site once in a while so if I think of anything I'll ask you for advice. Thanks! And enjoy your life in the US!

Hey Vichel, thanks!

Yeah, it should be no problem for them to change the location of your interview. Mine was not originally Montreal and I changed it without issue.

Basically you register on the csc website, and choose the option to register only for courier service. You don't register with loomis directly. Assuming everything is fine on the day of your interview, you will get an email from loomis when your passport is ready for pickup.

If I could only give one piece of advice, it would be make surey ou have all documents on the day. Sending in documents after the fact can add an extra 4 weeks until you get the visa.

But I'll be sure to drop by occasionally, happy to be able to help you out, and congrats on being selected :)

Does this mean we give the US consulate our passport, they stamp our DV visa into it and send it back to us via courier?

Last edited by a moderator: