passport photos

dsmportal

Registered Users (C)
passport photos from SamsClub are consider to be valid ? just curious to know... the last time i took pics from Sears and i recently learn that Sams Club also offers passport photo.

any thoughts?

thanks.

Dunno had mine taken at Walmart and they were fine. They have to follow guidelines and the person who sends in your application at the post office usually checks if they are okay. If they are not you should get a refund and have them retaken somewhere else. I do have a question myself I called the passport line and they told me my passport is being mailed to me and that I should get it this week. All this time my application status never showed up online. It is 10 days later and still nothing. Anyone else unable to track theirs online????

Yep

passport photos from SamsClub are consider to be valid ? just curious to know... the last time i took pics from Sears and i recently learn that Sams Club also offers passport photo.

any thoughts?

thanks.

I got mine done at Costco. Ravi1985 is right. Sams Club & Costco will give you the passport size photo service. I think I paid $7.99 last year and I found them pretty reasonable comepared to other folks.

Good luck.

Why wouldn't they be valid? ;)

Because they have strict guidelines and not all photographers know how to take correct passport pics. Size, head size, glasses, contrast, color etc are all subject to possible denial of pictures.

Well, then I would doubt the problem would be with an entire chain of stores, perhaps with an individual photographer in a particular store, but don't you think it would be well known if Sam's Club passport pictures, or Wal-Mart or Costco or any other big chain were producing bad quality photos that were consistently being rejected? Anyway, my question was mostly a rhetorical question, i.e. I really meant that they should be fine and there is no reason to believe there could be a problem.

Well, then I would doubt the problem would be with an entire chain of stores, perhaps with an individual photographer in a particular store, but don't you think it would be well known if Sam's Club passport pictures, or Wal-Mart or Costco or any other big chain were producing bad quality photos that were consistently being rejected? Anyway, my question was mostly a rhetorical question, i.e. I really meant that they should be fine and there is no reason to believe there could be a problem.

exactly right. Individual photographers can make mistakes, but in general if the chain has been doing this for a while there should not be any issues with getting the right kind of pictures taken.

i used costco for USC and they were ok. Later i realized we can use passport software and print 6 photos (2x2) on a 4x6 and used it for OCI

I got mine taken at cvs pharmacy....

There were no complaints from IO for my naturalization purpose.... so I am presuming they should satisfy the condition for passport also

any thoughts?

thanks.
You can also do it in a AAA office. I did mine there for free (+ member). If it is for a passport application (and not N400), I would also do it at Home with a digital and print it out as required. Worked perfectly for my kids apps.