• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Passport Issues

Lazder

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

We have scheduled DV interview in early April, however 2 dependats have changed passports (citizenship) from Lithuanian to British, the problem is that if everything goes smoothly 2 dependants will receive British citizenship by the end of March, however it would take another 1-2 months to get physical UK passport... So 2 dependants will not have physical british passport at interview.. Is it possible to ask them to stamp main applicants passport and stamp dependents passports after 1-2 months??

The winner and the main applicant is not affected by this issue at all.. as he has not changed citizenship.

How can we get out from this situation??

You can ask to postpone your interview. I am not sure they will start interviewing you with all participants having a valid passport.
As far as my experience, you need your actual passport at the medical examination as well (we had to postpone our medical exam, because our passports were being made), so not sure you can do that without a passport. Ask the doctor.

thanks for reply, I have another question... since 2 dependants citizenship status changed what do we have to do??? Do we need to complete DS forms again and bring them to interview??

Don't really know that, I'd rather ask the Embassy what to do, they will surely advise you, as well as on the passport issue.

Hi,

We have scheduled DV interview in early April, however 2 dependats have changed passports (citizenship) from Lithuanian to British, the problem is that if everything goes smoothly 2 dependants will receive British citizenship by the end of March, however it would take another 1-2 months to get physical UK passport... So 2 dependants will not have physical british passport at interview.. Is it possible to ask them to stamp main applicants passport and stamp dependents passports after 1-2 months??

The winner and the main applicant is not affected by this issue at all.. as he has not changed citizenship.

How can we get out from this situation??

I do not think an interview can begin without bringing all the required documents. A passport is essential. All dependants are required to attend, and in the case of the spouse, be interviewed, and posses a valid unexpired passport.

According to the US Embassy in London:

"Document Checklist

Passport: A Passport must be valid for travel to the United States and must have at least eight months validity beyond the issuance date of the visa. Children may be included on a parent's passport, but if over the age of 16, they must have their photographs attached to the passport."

See requirements page.